The Programs listed below are licensed under the following License Information terms and conditions in addition to the Program license terms previously agreed to by Client and IBM. If Client does not have previously agreed to license terms in effect for the Program, the International License Agreement for Non-Warranted Programs (Z125-5589-05) applies.
Program Name (Program Number):
IBM Db2 Developer-C 184.108.40.206 (Community)
The following standard terms apply to Licensee's use of the Program.
Licensee may not use or authorize others to use the Program, alone or in combination with other services or products, in support of any of the following high risk activities: design, construction, control, or maintenance of nuclear facilities, mass transit systems, air traffic control systems, automotive control systems, weapons systems, or aircraft navigation or communications, or any other activity where program failure could give rise to a material threat of death or serious personal injury.
Licensee is authorized to install and use the Supporting Programs identified below. Licensee is authorized to install and use such Supporting Programs only to support Licensee's use of the Principal Program under this Agreement. The phrase "to support Licensee's use" would only include those uses that are necessary or otherwise directly related to a licensed use of the Principal Program or another Supporting Program. The Supporting Programs may not be used for any other purpose. A Supporting Program may be accompanied by license terms, and those terms, if any, apply to Licensee's use of that Supporting Program. In the event of conflict, the terms in this License Information document supersede the Supporting Program's terms. Licensee must obtain sufficient entitlements to the Program, as a whole, to cover Licensee's installation and use of all of the Supporting Programs, unless separate entitlements are provided within this License Information document. For example, if this Program were licensed on a PVU (Processor Value Unit) basis and Licensee were to install the Principal Program or a Supporting Program on a 100 PVU machine (physical or virtual) and another Supporting Program on a second 100 PVU machine, Licensee would be required to obtain 200 PVU entitlements to the Program.
IBM Database Add-ins for Visual Studio 11.1
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 3.71
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 3.72
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.21
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.22
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.23
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.24
IBM Data Server Driver for JDBC and SQLJ 4.25
IBM Data Server Driver for ADO.Net 11.1
IBM Data Server Drivers for ODBC and CLI 11.1
IBM Data Server Driver Package 11.1
IBM SDK/Runtime Environment, Java(TM) 2 Technology Edition 7.0
IBM SDK/Runtime Environment, Java(TM) 2 Technology Edition 7.1 (Linux on Power, little endian only)
IBM SDK/Runtime Environment, Java(TM) 2 Technology Edition 8.0
IBM Tivoli System Automation for Multiplatforms 4.1
IBM Security Directory Server 6.4
IBM Enterprise Content Management Text Search 5.2.1
IBM Global Security Toolkit 8.0
IBM Spectrum Scale 4.2.3
IBM Db2 Connect 11.1 (component)
IBM Db2 Connect Enterprise Edition 11.1
IBM InfoSphere Data Replication 11.3.3 (CDC component)
IBM Data Server Manager 2.1
IBM Data Studio 4.1.3
IBM WebSphere MQ 8.0
If the Program includes components that are Redistributable, they will be identified in the REDIST file that accompanies the Program. In addition to the license rights granted in the Agreement, Licensee may distribute the Redistributables subject to the following terms:
1) Redistribution must be in object code form only and must conform to all directions, instruction and specifications in the Program's accompanying REDIST or documentation;
2) If the Program's accompanying documentation expressly allows Licensee to modify the Redistributables, such modification must conform to all directions, instruction and specifications in that documentation and these modifications, if any, must be treated as Redistributables;
3) Redistributables may be distributed only as part of Licensee's application that was developed using the Program ("Licensee's Application") and only to support Licensee's customers in connection with their use of Licensee's Application. Licensee's Application must constitute significant value add such that the Redistributables are not a substantial motivation for the acquisition by end users of Licensee's software product;
4) If the Redistributables include a Java Runtime Environment, Licensee must also include other non-Java Redistributables with Licensee's Application, unless the Application is designed to run only on general computer devices (for example, laptops, desktops and servers) and not on handheld or other pervasive devices (i.e., devices that contain a microprocessor but do not have computing as their primary purpose);
5) Licensee may not remove any copyright or notice files contained in the Redistributables;
6) Licensee must hold IBM, its suppliers or distributors harmless from and against any claim arising out of the use or distribution of Licensee's Application;
7) Licensee may not use the same path name as the original Redistributable files/modules;
8) Licensee may not use IBM's, its suppliers or distributors names or trademarks in connection with the marketing of Licensee's Application without IBM's or that supplier's or distributor's prior written consent;
9) IBM, its suppliers and distributors provide the Redistributables and related documentation without obligation of support and "AS IS", WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR NON-INTERFERENCE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE;
10) Licensee is responsible for all technical assistance for Licensee's Application and any modifications to the Redistributables; and
11) Licensee's license agreement with the end user of Licensee's Application must notify the end user that the Redistributables or their modifications may not be i) used for any purpose other than to enable Licensee's Application, ii) copied (except for backup purposes), iii) further distributed or transferred without Licensee's Application or iv) reverse assembled, reverse compiled, or otherwise translated except as specifically permitted by law and without the possibility of a contractual waiver. Furthermore, Licensee's license agreement must be at least as protective of IBM as the terms of this Agreement.
Technology Preview Code
Technology Preview Code (TPC) may be included or distributed with the Program or updates to it but are not part of the Program. TPC is licensed under the same terms as the Program, except as provided below. TPC will be identified as such in the Notices File (or in an updated Notices File accompanying the updates). Some or all of the TPC may not be made generally available by IBM as or in a product. Licensee is permitted to use TPC only for internal use for evaluation purposes and not for use in a production environment. The Notices File may limit this evaluation use to an evaluation period. If so, at the end of such evaluation period Licensee must cease using and uninstall the TPC. IBM provides the TPC without obligation of support and "AS IS," WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR NON-INTERFERENCE AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Licensee may not transfer TPC to another party except as a transfer accompanying the Program. TPC may contain a disabling device that will prevent it from being used after the evaluation period ends. Licensee will not tamper with this disabling device or the TPC. Licensee should take precautions to avoid any loss of data that might result when the TPC can no longer be used.
Licensee assigns to IBM all right, title, and interest (including ownership of copyright) in any data, suggestions, or written materials that 1) are related to the Technology Preview Code and 2) Licensee provides to IBM. Upon IBM's request, Licensee will sign additional documents necessary to assign such rights. In addition to the foregoing, Licensee grants to IBM a non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide and paid-up right and license to a) include in any product or service any idea, know-how, concept, technique, invention, discovery or improvement, whether or not patentable, that Licensee provides to IBM related to the Technology Preview Code b) use, manufacture and market any such product or service, and c) allow others to do any of the foregoing.
Licensee agrees to treat the following as "IBM Confidential Information" regardless of whether they contain restrictive markings indicating the confidential nature thereof or have been identified as IBM Confidential Information prior to disclosure: (a) the Technology Preview Code, (b) any information provided to Licensee by IBM with regard to the Technology Preview Code including, but not limited to, related materials such as specifications, plans, trends, strategies, benchmarks, performance characteristics, comparisons and other assessments of the Technology Preview Code, (c) any information related to Licensee's access to the Technology Preview Code including, but not limited to, passwords or other access codes, and (d) all data, feedback, suggestions and/or written materials that Licensee provides to IBM related to the Technology Preview Code. Licensee is authorized to use the IBM Confidential Information for the purpose for which it was disclosed or otherwise for the benefit of IBM. Notwithstanding any other terms of this Agreement, Licensee agrees not to communicate, publish, disseminate or otherwise discuss with or disclose to any third party the IBM Confidential Information (including but not limited to articles, papers or other written materials pertaining to the IBM Confidential Information) prior to IBM making such IBM Confidential Information publicly available without a non-disclosure obligation. Notwithstanding the above, Licensee does not have a confidentiality obligation to Technology Preview Code identified in the Notices File as non-confidential.
Licensee agrees to use the same care and discretion to avoid disclosure of the IBM Confidential Information as Licensee uses with Licensee's own similar information that Licensee does not wish to disclose, but in no event will such degree of care be less than reasonable care. Licensee's obligations with respect to the IBM Confidential Information will continue for a period of two years from Licensee's receipt of the IBM Confidential Information. Licensee agrees not to disclose to IBM any information that is considered confidential or proprietary to Licensee or any third party except under a signed, separate, written confidential agreement.
Notwithstanding the existence of any confidentiality or other agreement Licensee may have with IBM pertaining to confidential information, the preceding paragraphs will govern the treatment of the IBM Confidential Information.
In addition to the above, the following terms apply to Licensee's use of the Program.
1. Usage Restrictions
(a) The Program may use a maximum of 4 processor cores and 16 GB of memory on each physical or virtual server.
(b) Licensee may store a maximum of 100 Gigabytes of user data per database managed by the Program. A Gigabyte is 2 to the 20th power bytes.
2. Prohibited Components
Notwithstanding any provision in the Agreement, Licensee is not authorized to use any of the following components or functions of the Program:
- SQL Replication with non-Db2 databases ("Db2 databases" includes databases hosted on IBM Db2 Hosted)
- Q Replication functionality except to replicate data between the Program and no more than two Db2 or IBM Db2 Hosted data servers
- Change Data Capture functionality, except for the following: (1) unidirectional replication without data transformations between a single Db2 source and no more than two Db2 or IBM Db2 (Hosted) databases of the same version for the purpose of high availability / disaster recovery; (2) for supporting shadow table functionality within a single Db2 instance to replicate from row-organized tables into column-organized tables
- Accessing federated data in non-IBM data servers