Access your enterprise information—no matter where it is stored
IBM DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition extends DB2 Connect Enterprise Edition to make your host data available to large, multitier and web applications. This solution is designed for large-scale, demanding environments and is best suited for organizations that need to access DB2 on IBM System z or IBM System i platforms. It includes IBM Data Studio and the InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime environment, which can significantly improve the way databases are developed, tested and deployed.
DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition helps you:
- Optimize performance of new or existing applications—with development tuning for web-enabled mainframe functionality and accelerated performance of Java and .NET applications.
- Boost SQL performance—and support your efforts to mitigate the risk of SQL injection for your DB2 applications. Using IBM pureQuery technology, you can optimize SQL, improve security and speed problem resolution.
- Control costs—by taking advantage of cost-effective licensing terms. DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition also helps you reduce administration costs with autonomic administration features and advances in performance, manageability and installation.
Optimize performance of new and existing applications
- Using the IBM InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner, developers can capture and visualize potential query hotspots to identify which queries are executed most frequently or take the most time. InfoSphere Optim Query Tuner provides expert recommendations to help tune queries for optimal performance.
- InfoSphere Optim pureQuery Runtime provides a runtime environment and application programming interface (API) that enhances the performance of existing in-house database client applications written using Java, C or .NET. This high-performance data access platform helps with rapid development and deployment of new applications, and optimizes database applications and services.
- You can manage large-scale environments with features such as mobility on demand, federated database support, server-based monitoring or connection concentrator, and associated load-balancing and fail-over support.
Boost SQL performance
- The pureQuery technology lets you capture, review, share and optimize SQL. You can replace poorly performing SQL with optimized SQL without changing the application.
- By converting DB2 dynamic SQL to static SQL, pureQuery can help reduce CPU consumption, provide better manageability and enforce tighter security. You can use Static SQL without changes to the development environment.
- The pureQuery technology can prevent SQL injection by restricting the SQL executed by a specific application to an approved set of SQL statements.
- You can display performance metrics within Data Studio to identify SQL hot spots. You can trace problem SQL back to its source code for faster problem isolation.
- You can use Data Studio to visualize the impact of database changes. In addition, key performance metrics and correlation metadata can be captured and displayed within Data Studio.
- DB2 Connect Application Server Advanced Edition licensing terms and conditions are meant to address specific needs of multitier client/server applications and applications that use web technologies.
- License charges are based on the size or the number of processor value units available to the application servers where the application is running.
- License charges are not affected by the number of users of the application, the size of the DB2 Connect server itself, nor the size of the System z or System i database server.
- Time-saving features include non-administrator installation on Windows, response file installation enhancements, and support for coexistence of multiple copies of the DB2 database system. Now your IT staff can spend more time supporting your business needs instead of installing and deploying database systems.
- Autonomic features include adaptive self-tuning memory allocation and object maintenance policy wizards for DB2 for z/OS. They reduce the time required to administer and tune your database system.