IBM® IMS™ Recovery Expert V2 is a storage-aware backup and recovery solution, integrating storage processor fast-replication facilities with backup and recovery operations.
IMS Recovery Expert allows instantaneous backups with no application downtime, reduced recovery time, and simplified disaster recovery procedures while using less CPU, I/O, and storage resources. IMS Recovery Expert validates backups to ensure that all data has a backup and that it is recoverable.
- Determines the recovery assets to use, the recovery steps to run, and then manages the entire recovery process for an entire IMS system or an application.
- Transforms disaster recovery into a disaster restart process, reducing recovery time objectives (RTO). The tool simplifies and automates the backup, recovery, and disaster recovery processes.
- Provides the ability to automate the process of backing up entire IMS subsystems by volume.
- Safeguards IMS applications and increases application availability with point-in-time recoveries.
- Takes advantage of IBM Space Efficient FlashCopy, IBM or STK SnapShot, and EMC TimeFinder/Snap virtual devices to create IMS system clones from the backups without using additional storage
- Program number: 5655-S98
IMS Recovery Expert for z/OS resources