Analyze and compare automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) data
IBM® i2® iBase Plate Analysis, an add-on component for IBM i2 iBase, helps interpret automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) and camera data. It enables ALPR data to be analyzed alongside other data obtained from crime, intelligence and incident databases. IBM i2 iBase Plate Analysis helps investigators build a more detailed picture of criminal activities, assist with the profiling of problems and contribute to the effective deployment of law enforcement resources.
IBM i2 iBase Plate Analysis helps to:
- Integrate ALPR data with investigation and analysis environments to quickly identify critical intelligence.
- Use powerful and sophisticated analysis capabilities to extract intelligence.
- Increase the value of existing license plate recognition and intelligence systems for faster return on investment.
Integrate ALPR data with investigation and analysis environments
- Combine ALPR data with other intelligence sources into a single environment to quickly identify critical intelligence.
- Unearth the real meaning in ALPR data when it is analyzed in the context of other data obtained from crime, intelligence and incident databases.
- Use ALPR data to create a more vivid picture of criminal lifestyles and patterns of movement and to assist with the profiling of problems.
- Upload data in bulk from source systems to save time.
- Supply information to analysts in a friendly, usable format.
Use powerful and sophisticated analysis capabilities
- Quickly discover instances of vehicles traveling together.
- Compare ALPR readings on specified days and times at various incident sites to identify suspicious vehicles.
- Analyze sets of ALPR readings to find vehicles common to more than one data set.
- Select a number of data sets to analyze at a single click of a button.
- Find an image from the source ALPR system and display it in read-only mode for the analyst to view.
Increase the value of existing license plate recognition and intelligence systems
- Quickly and easily deploy ALPR capabilities to major back office systems for fast return on investment.
- Combine systems to reveal more hidden patterns and links, enriching and strengthening ongoing investigations.
- Provide more efficient and effective deployment of resources.
- Merge multiple independent data sources to streamline and automate manual processes that can be time-consuming and error-prone.
i2 iBase Plate Analysis Resources