Create Information Exchange web services to access information in multiple data sources
IBM® i2® Information Exchange for Analysis Search Services SDK enables organizations to create web service based connectors to access information in different data sources across the enterprise. It maps target data sources to a structure that can be searched and consumed by the plug-in i2 Information Exchange for Analysis Search for Analyst’s Notebook. This development kit provides technical specialists with the supporting materials they need in order to establish secure access to multiple data sources, irrespective of type or location, across varying IT environments.
i2 Information Exchange for Analysis Search Services SDK includes:
- Configuration and development tools to model and map data source information so it can be accessed securely and analyzed in i2 Analyst’s Notebook
- Web services framework to assist Java deployments
- Comprehensive documentation including reference and deployment design guidance
- Example deployments that illustrate the architecture, use and behavior of Analysis Search Services
Configuration and development tools
- A graphical user interface tool for modeling data sources.
- Support for defining and verifying entity, link and property type definitions.
- Assistance for assigning and customizing semantic types and enumerations.
- XML file output provides the data source schema to the i2 Information Exchange for Analysis Search for Analyst’s Notebook client.
Web services framework
- Set of Java components that provide web services framework.
- Speeds up the process of developing a Data Source specific web service.
- Customizable through Framework API.
- Guidance for creating i2 Information Exchange for Analysis Search Services deployments.
- Design guide for all the stages of creating a Web service.
- Full technical reference details for the Information Exchange for Analysis Search Services protocol.
- Java examples for both relational and XML data sources.
- Full source code and build scripts included.
- Test full deployment using i2 Information Exchange for Analysis Search Services for Analyst’s Notebook.
- Editable data model created by the Schema Designer.
- Example data includes Person, Bank, Bank Account, Meeting and Telephone entity types.