What’s new at TechU for IBM Z?
IBM TechU in Orlando has over 300 sessions dedicated to IBM Z and IBM Storage on Z, with all of the latest news, updates, and new product announcements for the IBM z14, IBM LinuxONE, z/OS, z/VM and Linux on Z. You would have to clone yourself a half-dozen times to get even close to exploring 100% of the content at the 2018 IBM TechU.
If you attended last year and are considering missing this year's IBM TechU, there are many reasons why you should reconsider! Here are just a few :
- IBM z14 ZR1 and LinuxONE Rockhopper II Hardware Details
- New sessions to help you understand AI, Data Science, and Cognitive
- New z/OS for Rookies track to help train client's new z/OS sysprogs
- Expanded coverage for sub-systems like CICS, DB2, IMS and MQ
- Machine Learning for z/OS integration with DB2 Analytics Accelerator
- Pervasive encryption on IBM Z and LinuxONE
- New ways to leverage API’s and lessons learned
- The latest IBM Z devops processes and products
- Container workloads with Docker Kubernetes on IBM Z and LinuxONE
- Blockchain updates
TechU offers focused, in-depth training sessions, hands-on labs and demos delivered by IBM Distinguished Engineers, developers or product experts. Want to see just how deep we go on your favorite topic? Explore the content in the Agenda Preview Tool for key topics below.
Search by System with the Filter by Brand. Search by topic with the Filter by Track.
New track Introducing z/OS for Rookies
IBM Lab Services is partnering with Interskill Learning to deliver a compelling learning package which combines face-to-face with e-learning over a 3-5 month period. At several upcoming IBM Systems Technical Universities, we are offering a dedicated track called z/OS for Rookies. This track is available in Orlando.
This full week of sessions can help your newer team members to get started and go deep on IBM Z with hands-on training delivered by IBM Technical Training Instructors. In addition, IBM is partnering with Interskill to offer 53 of their Z mainframe e-learning courses to attendees of the z/OS for Rookies track at no additional cost. The Interskill courses are available upon registration and through July 31, 2018. Find out more.
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!