What’s new at TechU for IBM Storage?
Keeping up with the accelerating technology improvements in Storage is a never-ending task. IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) was built to help you do just that. IBM Storage has a dedicated 4.5 days of content. You'll learn how to plan, architect, install, configure, migrate, operate and tune your IBM Storage systems.
TechU offers focused, in-depth training sessions, hands-on labs and demos delivered by IBM Distinguished Engineers, developers or product experts. Want to see just how deep we go on your favorite topic? Explore the content in the Agenda Preview Tool You can also explore the full scope of session content for IBM Storage and SDI.
- Software Defined Storage
- Object Storage
- IBM Analytics and Big Data
- Cloud and Virtualization
- High Availability
- Security and Encryption
- Systems Management
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Efficiency
- IBM FlashSystems
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
What’s new at TechU for IBM Storage this year?
IBM Storage has made two announcements in October 2017 and February 2018 since the last US based TechU conference. Not to mention the wide-range of additional innovations to our software-defined storage (SDS), data protection and storage systems portfolio, it’s impossible to mention everything new you’ll find at TechU. Here are a few of the hot new capabilities you can learn at the next TechU event:
- IBM FlashSystem 9100 delivers an NVMe-based storage system ready for multi-cloud environments
- NVMe-F capabilities for IBM FlashSystem 900, IBM Spectrum Accelerate, and IBM Spectrum Virtualize families
- TS7700 16 GB IBM FICON support and enhanced data compression
- IBM DS8000 storage systems enhanced support for transparent cloud tiering and IBM System z Synergy
- IBM Spectrum NAS and its new, simple, scale-out storage for common file workloads
- IBM Spectrum Protect Plus easy-to-deploy solution for VM data protection and secondary data reuse
- IBM Spectrum Protect solution with new ransomware detection and the ability to log and audit data for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness, including across multiple clouds
- IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact software tools support of modern AI, machine learning and deep learning workloads on x86 architectures, IBM Power servers, and GPUs
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!