What’s new at TechU for IBM Storage?
Keeping up with the accelerating technology improvements in Storage is a never-ending task. IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) was built to help you do just that. IBM Storage has a dedicated 4.5 days of content. You'll learn how to plan, architect, install, configure, migrate, operate and tune your IBM Storage systems.
TechU offers focused, in-depth training sessions, hands-on labs and demos delivered by IBM Distinguished Engineers, developers or product experts. Want to see just how deep we go on your favorite topic? Explore the content in the Agenda Preview Tool for key topics below. You can also explore the full scope of session content for IBM Storage and SDI.
- Software Defined Storage
- Object Storage
- IBM FlashSystems
- Analytics and Big Data
- Cloud and Virtualization
- High Availability
- Security and Encryption
- Systems Management
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Efficiency
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
What’s new at TechU for IBM Storage this year?
Hot new capabilities
Since the last US-based TechU, IBM Storage has made two announcements in October 2017 and February 2018. With wide-ranging innovations to our software-defined storage (SDS), data protection and storage systems portfolio, it’s impossible to mention everything new you’ll find at TechU. Here are a few of the hot new capabilities you can learn in Orlando:
- NVMe-F capabilities for IBM FlashSystem 900, IBM Spectrum Accelerate, and IBM Spectrum Virtualize families
- TS7700 16 GB IBM FICON support and enhanced data compression
- IBM DS8000 storage systems enhanced support for transparent cloud tiering and IBM System z Synergy
- IBM Spectrum NAS and its new, simple, scale-out storage for common file workloads
- IBM Spectrum Protect Plus easy-to-deploy solution for VM data protection and secondary data reuse
- IBM Spectrum Protect solution with new ransomeware detection and the ability to log and audit data for General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) readiness, including across multiple clouds
- IBM Spectrum Conductor Deep Learning Impact software tools support of modern AI, machine learning and deep learning workloads on x86 architectures, IBM Power servers, and GPUs
New Storage offering
IBM Storage Certification Boot Camps are designed to help IBM Business Partners, Clients and IBMers quickly grasp the core concepts of key IBM Storage hardware and Spectrum Software products needed to be successful with passing these Storage certification exams.
- IBM Certified Specialist - New Workloads Sales V1
- IBM Certified Specialist : Traditional Workload Sales V1
- IBM Certified Specialist : IBM Virtualized Storage V2
- IBM Certified Specialist : IBM Technical Storage
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!