System Administrator Skills for IBM Business Process Manager Express or Standard V8
Use this training path to see the courses you need to take to achieve this skill or certification. Click on the course boxes to access a course description, view its schedule, and enroll.
PDF version (93KB)
The System Administrator is able to properly configure, manage, and expand their IBM Business Process Manager environments to support a multi-project BPM program over time with optimal scalability and availability.
It is assumed that the individual following this roadmap has basic skills in the following areas:
- Experience with J2EE, SQL, SOAP and XML.
- Experience administering multi-tier business applications.
- Experience managing an application server.
- Experience managing a database server.
After completing this training, students should be able to:
- Capture high-level business activities and create a common view of process goals, problems, and opportunities.
- Build shared process models that can be both understood by key business stakeholders and implemented by developers without rework.
- Maximize team efficiency by enabling all team members to express and interpret business requirements consistently using standard process model elements and notation.
- Install, configure and manage an IBM Business Process Manager environment.
- Proactively monitor IBM Business Process Manager process execution and perform basic performance tuning.
- Understand how IBM Business Process Manager interacts with the components of its application stack in order ensure optimal configuration.
- Define and manage user authorization and authentication
- Understand the key considerations for integration with external user directories and security subsystems.