IBM Z Technical University
9 – 13 October 2017 | Munich, Germany
Early bird price: 1.947€
Valid through August 31st 2017
Full price: 2.290€
9 – 13 October 2017 | Munich, Germany
Early bird price: 1.947€ Valid through August 31st 2017 Full price: 2.290€
Grow your skills with in-depth technical training at the Westin Grand Munich in Munich, Germany. Learn how you can harness the power of IBM Systems solutions to help turn your IT challenges into successes.
The 2017 Z Technical University will allow you to explore the IBM Z capabilities in depth and give you the opportunity to take a deep dive into smarter computing implementation, product announcements, as well as learn about key topics presented in a variety of tracks.
Munich zTechU Agenda Highlights
- IBM z14 Technical Overview, Installation and Usage (12 sessions)
- Pervasive Encryption (15 sessions)
- z/OS Ver 2.3 Features, Exploitation, Performance and Migration (50 sessions)
- z/VM Ver 6.4, Linux on IBM Z and LinuxONE Updates and Technical Deep Dives (35 sessions)
- Mainframe and IT Trends - Blockchain, Spark, Machine Learning, APIs, DevOps (40 sessions)
- Full week CICS track (30 sessions)
- IMS Technical Symposium (35 sessions)
- DB2 (12 sessions)
- IBM Systems Storage (15 sessions)
- IT Leadership and Professional Development Track (12 sessions)
- IT Executives & Business Managers
- Data Center Managers
- Technical Support Managers
- Project Managers
- Systems & Application Programmers
- IT Architects
- Hardware Planners & Capacity Planners
- Performance Analysts
- Systems, Database & Storage Admins
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT Professionals
- IBM Z
- IBM z/OS
- IBM z/VM
- Linux on z Systems
- IBM z/VSE
- IBM System Storage
- Performance, Monitoring and Capacity Planning
- System Networking
- CICS, WebSphere, APIs and Blockchain
- DB2, Spark and Machine Learning for z/OS
- DevOps and Application Development
- Hybrid cloud
- And more!
40 hands-on lab sessions!
Keynote Speaker - Mark Anzani, VP Strategy, IBM Z "IBM Z - Leadership Technology for the Modern Enterprise"
The IMS Technical Symposium joins IBM Z Technical University!
We are pleased to announce that the IMS Technical Symposium will be held as a featured track at the IBM Z Technical University. You can expect a full week of deep dive IMS education, including technical sessions, hands-on labs, and more. Your experience here will be the perfect combination of new energy and familiar camaraderie. More details will follow soon!
Get the opportunity to:
Sharpen your expertise with hundreds of sessions led by IBM product and industry experts who will share their best practices, insights & secrets.
Experience the latest technology via demos and workshops geared to all skill levels
Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
Expand your professional and social network when you connect with product developers, industry leaders and IBM executives
Learn from your peers via panel discussions on real-world IT challenges and successesWhy attend?
The agenda will include more than 300 information-packed technical sessions and hands-on training delivered by top IBM developers and experts.
The technical sessions start at 10:00 on Day 1 and end at 12:30 on Day 5.
Early bird price: 1.947€ Valid through August 31st 2017Full price: 2.290€
The Solution Center opens on Tuesday and stays open until 18:45 on Wednesday.
Who should attend:
Speakers address topics:
Mark S. Anzani
Vice President for Strategy, Z
Thank you to all of our sponsors
Thank you to all of our sponsors
Attendees should plan to arrive Sunday, October 8th in the evening or on Monday, October 9th in the morning. Registration is open from 16:00 – 20:00 on Sunday and as of 08:00 on Monday. All sessions will be presented in English and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions, including evening activities.
The registration fee covers admission to all sessions and the Solution Center. It also covers meals, coffee breaks and networking activities mentioned in the event agenda. Individual travel expenses, lodging, incidental expenses and additional meals are not included and are the attendee's responsibility.
Client and Business Partner rates
|Early Bird Rate||Available through August 31st||1.947€|
|Standard Rate (Business / Government)||September 1st through October 1st||2.290€|
|Late Fee (Business / Government)||Starts October 2nd||2.405€|
|Standard Rate (IBM Business Partners)||Available through October 1st||2.290€|
|Late Fee (IBM Business Partners)||Starts October 2nd||2.405€|
|Standard Rate (Academic Organization)||Available through October 1st||1.599€|
|Late Fee (Academic Organization)||Starts October 2nd||1.679€|
|Business Partner Voucher**||Available through October 8th||458€|
Special Customer Offer - Enroll four people from the same company and save 20% on the 4th enrollment and additional enrollments!
**Available for Tier 1 Mainframe Resellers only
If you plan to use a voucher for this event you must register for the conference and provide your code in the promo code field on the registration form. You will be notified within 5 Business Days if your code is validated and registration fee adjusted.
To obtain the code, please contact your IBM representative. The usage of the code is limited to 2 persons of the same company.
Upon enrollment, you will receive a confirmation email that your enrollment is pending.
Discounts are not cumulative and are calculated on full tuition fee (2.290€). All prices shown are excluding local VAT.
Hotel accommodations and event policies
Please note that you are responsible for your hotel booking and that your hotel reservation is not part of your conference registration. Hotel cancellations and substitutions must be made directly to the hotel or via the travel agency.
The Westin Grand München
Arabellastr. 5/6 81925 Munich Germany
Reservations must be made directly to the hotel using below details by October 1st at the latest.
Rooms are limited so make sure to be quick!
IBM negotiated room type and rates
Deluxe single room including breakfast and WIFI: 179€ per night. Surcharge for double use including breakfast: 30€ per night.
Note: Room rates are per night and include applicable taxes and service charges. Room rates are inclusive of breakfast and wireless internet.
Substitutions and cancellations should be made using the registration application. In order to change your registration record, you need to log back in to the registration application.
Substitutions can be made at any time.
Late cancellations (fourteen calendar days before the event) or no-shows will be charged the full tuition fee.
Air and ground transportation
Join us at the Solution Center:
- Learn about new products and services
- Explore cutting-edge demos from IBM and top vendors
- Meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential clients and vendors
- Assess the competition and solidify your position in the marketplace
- Network with industry colleagues and build relationships with important decision-makers
The Solution Center opens on Tuesday morning and stays open until 18:45 on Wednesday.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor offers you:
- An opportunity to generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing new opportunities with C-level executives, directors, managers and other decision makers
- An environment for building brand awareness
- A venue for presenting to potential customers
- A space in the vibrant Solution Center where attendees can learn more about your products and services
- Options to customize your solution space
NEW - IBM Concourse (for IBM departments only)
Join our IBM Concourse expo on Thursday October 12th in Munich and Thursday November 19th in Prague.
Venue photos are owned by the designated property and are only representative of what you may see at the event.