IBM Systems Technical University
April 30 - May 4, 2018 | Orlando, FL, USA
Hilton Orlando Resort, Florida
April 30 - May 4, 2018 | Orlando, FL, USA Hilton Orlando Resort, Florida
Technology disruptions like cloud and cognitive are changing infrastructure requirements at lightning speed. IBM’s Systems and Storage technology evolves rapidly to meet those requirements.
Don’t get trampled in the technology rush! Join us in an relaxed, single-venue setting for the most comprehensive technical training event for IT professionals who work with IBM Power Systems, Z and Storage. IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) is built specifically for you. You'll learn how to plan, architect, install, configure, migrate, operate and tune your IBM infrastructure for today and tomorrow.
The agenda includes 700+ information-packed technical sessions delivered by top IBM developers and experts.
What's new at TechU!
z/OS for RookieZ
Bridge your skills gap. Send early career IBM Z programmers and engineers to this new combined face-to-face and e-learning offering.
Storage Certification Boot Camps
Get a deep dive to prepare for certification exams on IBM Storage hardware and Spectrum Software products.
Z Middleware for SysProgs
IBM CICS IBM IMS IBM MQ IBM Db2
Cognitive Systems track
Learn about AI and Machine Learning on IBM Power Systems. Technical deep dives, latest capabilities, hands-on labs.
Professional and Leadership Development training
Flex your right brain with hot leadership and professional development topics.
IBM Power Systems
- IBM POWER9 and Futures
- IBM AIX, IBM i and Linux on Power
- Power Virtualization and Cloud Solutions with PowerVM, PowerVC, IBM Cloud Private, OpenStack, Nutanix
- SAP HANA and Modern Data Platform, Oracle, Open Source
- Database Solutions
- Cognitive: HPC, PowerAI, Data Analytics, Hortonworks
- Security with PowerSC
- High Availability with PowerHA
- Deep-dive Performance and tuning
- IBM z14 and Pervasive Encryption
- z/OS, z/VM and Linux on Z
- IBM Z Performance, Monitoring and Capacity Planning
- CICS, WebSphere, APIs and Blockchain
- Db2, Spark and Machine Learning for z/OS
- IBM Z DevOps and Application Development
- Hybrid Cloud and IBM Z
- IBM FlashSystems
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Software Defined Storage
- Security and Encryption
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
- Object Storage
Get the opportunity to:
Sharpen your expertise with sessions, demos and hands-on labs led by IBM product and industry experts
Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
Certify your skills on-site at an up to 50% discount rate
Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
Learn from your peers via networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
Who should attend?
- Systems and Storage
- New z/OS users
- Systems Programmers
- Network Administrators
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT Professionals
IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) empowers you to implement solutions for IBM Z, IBM Power Systems, and IBM Storage in a cloud, cognitive and big data world.
Should you require assistance, please contact the registration team:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern
Client and Business Partner rates
|Early Bird Rate||Available through February 18||USD 2,295|
|Standard Rate||Beginning February 19||USD 2,495|
|Business Partner PGI Voucher**entitled BPs only||Available through May 4||USD 500|
|Business Partner Competency Voucher**entitled BPs only||Available through May 4||USD 0|
|IBM employee rate||Available through May 4||USD 2,495|
**Paying by Business Partner Education Voucher If you plan to use a PGI or Competency Voucher for this event you must register for the conference and provide your voucher number in the voucher number field on the registration form.
You will be notified within 48 hours if your voucher is not validated.
Rate terms and conditions: Rate terms and conditions: Standard tuition rate for these events is USD 2,495. Discounts cannot be combined with any other programs or discounts, including IBM Business Partner discounts. Early Bird Rates end 11:59PM Eastern time on the date determined per event.
You will be charged the conference fees less any applicable discount. Any discount will be applied when the credit card is billed. For further details contact the registration team.
Hotel accommodation and event policies
Hilton Orlando Resort
6001 Destination Parkway Orlando, FL 32819 Phone: 407-313-4300
IBM negotiated room type and rates
Hotel room rate: USD 219 per night.
Please note that we have negotiated a special rate at the hotel for conference attendees.
Securing your room reservation within the IBM block entitles you to complimentary wireless access for the duration of your stay.
Please use the link below to secure a room.
Event cancellation policy:
To avoid charges, conference enrollees must cancel their registrations by end of day March 5, 2018. For cancellations received after March 5, registration fees will be fully refunded less a USD 200 administrative fee.
Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations received after March 26, 2018. Substitutions are permitted at any time; replaced attendees will not be subject to registration fee cancellation penalties.
To cancel your registration, please call or contact us via email. Please reference your registration confirmation number on your cancellation request.
Systems hardware and software certification exams will be offered at the special event rate of USD 100 per exam, up to a 50% discount over the testing center price. A complete listing of available IBM tests is available at the testing lab.
Certification tests are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and by appointment only. Tests are payable on site at the time of testing, using Visa, Master Card or American Express, which the test taker enters directly into the testing tool.
Some vouchers are accepted as payment for exams (for example, PGI/Specialty test vouchers, and IBM employee vouchers), but vouchers are not guaranteed to be accepted.
Potential test takers should prepare for their test(s) prior to the conference.
There you'll find test descriptions, including:
- Certification job role names and descriptions to which the tests apply.
- Test objectives measured on the tests.
- Recommended educational resources.
- Assessment and sample tests to help gauge your readiness for the actual exam.
- Estimated time required to take the test.
Important notes on certification testing:
- The same test may be taken by an individual only twice in a 30-day period. Both attempts may be taken at this event.
- For each test, test takers are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, show their conference badge and one government issued ID with a recent photo (for example: passport, national ID, or driver license).
- All tests are closed-book containing multiple-choice questions. They are delivered in a proctored environment via a web-based tool.
- Candidates should ensure they have a valid web account with Pearson Vue. While a testing ID is important, it is not needed to log in to take the exam. Candidates will need the user name and password for their Pearson Vue web account to log in to take their exam.
- Candidates can register for new accounts, test, and update existing credentials on the Pearson Vue website.
Thank you to all of our sponsors:
Join us at the Solution Center:
- Learn about new products and services
- Explore cutting-edge demos from IBM and top vendors
- Meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential clients and vendors
- Assess the competition and solidify your position in the marketplace
- Network with industry colleagues and build relationships with important decision-makers
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor offers you:
- An opportunity to generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing new opportunities with C-level executives, directors, managers and other decision makers
- An environment for building brand awareness
- Participation in a sponsor panel and a venue for presenting to potential customers
- A booth in the vibrant Solution Center where attendees can learn more about your products and services
- Options to customize your booth space or use fully turnkey packages
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!