IBM Systems Technical University
All sessions will be presented in French
All sessions will be presented in French
Grow your skills with in-depth pure technical training at the IBM Systems Technical University in Dakar, Senegal. Learn how you can harness the power of IBM Systems solutions to help turn your IT challenges into successes.
Get the opportunity to:
- Sharpen your expertise with sessions led by IBM Distinguished Engineers and product experts…the A-team of the IBM Systems community
- Experience the latest technology via demos geared to all skill levels
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
- Learn from your peers via networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
The agenda will include information-packed technical sessions delivered by top IBM developers and experts. Ensure you don't get left behind by gaining new skills to harness the power of IBM Systems technologies. Whether you are a service provider or IT manager - you need to become agile and responsive.
All sessions are delivered in French.
Who should attend:
This conference is intended for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners and IBM employees:
- Data Center Managers
- Technical Support Managers
- Project Managers
- Systems & Application Programmers
- IT Architects
- Hardware Planners & Capacity Planners
- Performance Analysts
- IT Executives & Business Managers
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT Professionals
IBM TechU features skill-building sessions that are in demand and appeal to attendees who share a technical vision and curiosity. IBM TechU offers technical breakout sessions, roundtables, demos, and more.
IBM Power Systems:
- IBM POWER9 and Futures
- IBM AIX, IBM i and Linux on Power
- Power Virtualization and Cloud Solutions with PowerVM, PowerVC, IBM Cloud Private, OpenStack, Nutanix
- SAP HANA and Modern Data Platform, Oracle, Open Source
- Database Solutions
- Cognitive: HPC, PowerAI, Data Analytics
- Security with PowerSC
- High Availability with PowerHA
- Deep-dive Performance and tuning
- IBM FlashSystems
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Software Defined Storage
- Security and Encryption
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
- Object Storage
- IBM z and LinuxONE introduction
- IBM z14 ZR1 and LinuxONE Rockhopper II hardware details
- zSystems Pervasive encryption
- Running Oracle Databases on LinuxONE
IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) empowers you to implement solutions for IBM Power Systems, IBM Storage and LinuxONE in a cloud, cognitive and big data world.
Attendees should plan to arrive on Tuesday July 3 in the morning. Registration opens at 8:00 AM on Tuesday. The opening session on Tuesday starts at 9:00 AM.
All sessions will be presented in French and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions.
Client and Business Partner rates
|Early Bird Rate (Clients, Government)||Available through June 15, 2018||USD 1.145|
|Standard Rate (Clients, Government)||USD 1.300|
|Business Partners||USD 1.100|
|Business Partners with PGI Voucher||USD 220|
|Business Partner Competency Voucher (entitled BP's only)||USD 0|
Rate terms and conditions:
All rates shown are excluding local VAT.
Rate terms and conditions: Standard tuition rate for this event is USD 1.300. Discounts cannot be combined with any other programs or discounts, including IBM Business Partner discounts. Early Bird Rates end 11:59 PM on the date determined per event.
Paying by Business Partner Education Voucher If you plan to use a PGI or Competency Voucher for this event you must register for the conference and provide your voucher number in the voucher number field on the registration form.
You will be notified within 48 hours if your voucher is not validated.
You will be charged the conference fees less any applicable discount.
For further details contact the conference team.
Hotel accommodation and event policies
Please note that you are responsible for your hotel booking and that your hotel reservation is not part of your conference registration. Hotel cancellations and substitutions must be made directly to the hotel or via your travel agency.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dakar Sea Plaza Route de la Corniche ouest BP 16868 Dakar Fann, Sénégal
Event cancellation & substitution policy:
To avoid charges, conference enrollees must cancel their registrations by end of day June 19, 2018. For cancellations received after June 19, 2018, registration fees will be fully charged.
Substitutions are permitted at any time; replaced attendees will not be subject to registration fee cancellation penalties.
To cancel your registration, please update your registration record by using the link received in your confirmation mail or contact us via email.
The first 50 Systems hardware certification exams will be offered complimentary to IBM Business Partners and Clients as part of the event registration. A complete listing of available IBM tests is available at the testing lab.
Certification tests are available on a first-come-first-serve basis and by appointment only.
Potential test takers should prepare for their test(s) prior to the conference.
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!