IBM Systems Technical University
Grow your skills with in-depth technical training at the Casa Dann Carlton Hotel in Bogotá, Colombia. Learn how you can harness the power of IBM Systems solutions to help turn your IT challenges into successes.
Get the opportunity to:
- Sharpen your expertise with over 70 sessions led by IBM product and industry experts
- Experience the latest technology
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers, industry leaders and IBM executives
- Learn from your peers via panel discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes.
The agenda will include information-packed technical sessions delivered by top IBM developers and experts. Ensure you don't get left behind by gaining new skills to harness the power of IBM Systems technologies. Whether you are a service provider or IT manager - you need to become agile and responsive.
All sessions are delivered in Spanish
Who should attend:
This conference is intended for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners and IBM employees:
- Data Center Managers
- Technical Support Managers
- Project Managers
- Systems & Application Programmers
- IT Architects
- Hardware Planners & Capacity Planners
- Performance Analysts
- IT Executives & Business Managers
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT Professionals
IBM TechU features skill-building sessions that are in demand and appeal to attendees who share a technical vision and curiosity. IBM TechU offers technical breakout sessions, roundtables, demos, and more.
IBM Power Systems:
- IBM POWER9 and Futures
- IBM AIX, IBM i and Linux on Power
- Power Virtualization and Cloud Solutions with PowerVM, PowerVC, IBM Cloud Private, OpenStack, Nutanix
- SAP HANA and Modern Data Platform, Oracle, Open Source
- Database Solutions
- Cognitive: HPC, PowerAI, Data Analytics
- Security with PowerSC
- High Availability with PowerHA
- Deep-dive Performance and tuning
- IBM FlashSystems
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Software Defined Storage
- Security and Encryption
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
- Object Storage
- IBM z and LinuxONE introduction
- IBM z14 ZR1 and LinuxONE Rockhopper II hardware details
- zSystems Pervasive encryption
- Running Oracle Databases on LinuxONE
IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) empowers you to implement solutions for IBM Power Systems, IBM Storage and LinuxONE in a cloud, cognitive and big data world.
Attendees should plan to arrive on Monday October 1st in the evening or Tuesday 2nd in the morning. Registration opens at 7:00 AM on Tuesday. The opening session on Tuesday starts at 9:00 AM.
All sessions will be presented in Spanish and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions.
Client, Business Partner, and IBMers rates
Enroll until September 3rd, 2018 ( Early Bird)
|Clients and Business Partners1||900|
|Clients with iVoucher2||0|
|Business Partners with Education Voucher3||0|
Enroll after September 3rd, 2018 ( Early Bird)
|Clients and Business Partners1||1,200|
|Clients with iVoucher2||0|
|Business Partners with Education Voucher1||240|
Note: All prices shown are in American Dollar and excluding taxes and extra charges. Discounts are not cumulative and are calculated on full tuition fee (USD1,200).
Invoices will be issued after the event in your local currency.
- Tuition only for all days event and hotel not included
- Tuition + hotel single room included
- Tuiton + hotel double room included
Upon enrollment, you will receive a confirmation email that your enrollment is pending. An electronic confirmation letter will be sent confirming your registration. If you do not receive this confirmation within 5 working days, please send a note to
* If you plan to use Business Partners Education Vouchers (PGI or Specialty voucher) for this event you must register for the conference and provide your voucher number on the registration form.
Customers and Business Partners without vouchers or promocodes:
Pay 3 Get 4: By registering 3 participants, the 4th enrollment is Free. This promotion is applicable only for enrollment of the same type, same company and same country and it is not available for who have vouchers or other promotions.
iVoucher: IBM i Clients who hold the IBM i vouchers has free entrance and hotel included (single room).
Business Partners with Education Voucher*:
100% discount and hotel included (double room) for registrations until September 3rd. After this date, 80% discount on regular price and hotel is not included.
Special Promotion: If you enroll 4 participants using Education Voucher from the same company you can invite: 1 Customer with tuition and simple room included or 2 Customers with only tuition included.
*Paying by Business Partner Education Voucher
If you plan to use a PGI or Competency Voucher for this event you must register for the conference and provide your voucher number in the voucher number field on the registration form.
You will be notified within 48 hours if your voucher is not validated.
You will be charged the conference fees less any applicable discount.
For further details contact the conference team.
It is the requestor's responsibility to determine the type of visa they need to apply for, allow ample time to complete the application and ensure compliance with the parameters of the type of visa obtained, for their visit to Colombia to attend this conference. By submitting the request for an invitation letter, the requestor agrees to this.
Hotel accommodation and event policies
Please note that you are responsible for your hotel booking and that your hotel reservation is not part of your registration to the conference. Hotel cancellations and substitutions must be made directly to the hotel or via the travel agency.
Casa Dann Carlton Hotel & Spa Bogotá Calle 93B N° 19-44 de Bogotá, Colombia
Phone: +57(1)6338777 Check-in time: from 3:00 PM Check-out time: until 1:00 PM
IBM negotiated room type and rates:
- The rate for single occupancy is USD 115,20 * per night
- The rate for double occupancy is USD 139,50 * per night
Note: *Room rates are shown in American Dollar and include taxes.
Hotel Substitution and Cancellation Policy:
Substitutions and cancellations must be made directly to the hotel 24 hs before the event.
Substitutions can be made at any time.
Late cancellations (six business days before the event) or no-shows will be charged the full tuition fee.
Remember, if your registration was made with a promotion code, voucher or funding that included hotel, your room is reserved with your registration. If your registration does not have this benefit, you are responsible for booking your accommodation.
Please put in the email subject: "RESERVA 2018 IBM TechU 2 al 4 de Octubre"
Air and ground transportation
El Dorado International Airport offers local and international airlines, offering flights to all cities in Colombia and the rest of the world.
Casa Dann Carlton Hotel & Spa is located 20 km and about 40 minutes from the airport.
Venue photos are owned by the designated property and are only representative of what you may see at the event.
Take advantage of certification testing and save up to 50% versus the standard pricing offered at Pearson-VUE centers.
The first 15 Systems hardware certification exams will receive and special gift.
The Professional Certification Program from IBM provides skilled sales and technical professionals an opportunity to demonstrate their expertise in business solutions to the world. The program is designed to validate skills and proficiency in the latest IBM technology and solutions. Professional certification instills confidence in your employer.
Your skills have been tested and demonstrated, enabling you to deliver higher levels of service and technical expertise than non-certified employees and move on a faster career track.
Thank you to all of our sponsors:
Learn about new products and services:
- Explore cutting-edge demos from IBM and top vendors
- Meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential clients and vendors
- Assess the competition and solidify your position in the marketplace
- Network with industry colleagues and build relationships with important decision-makers
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor offers you:
- An opportunity to generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing new opportunities with C-level executives, directors, managers and other decision makers
- An environment for building brand awareness
- Participation in the Solution Centre and a venue for presenting to potential customers
- A booth in the vibrant Solution Center where attendees can learn more about your products and services
- Options to customize your booth space or use fully turnkey packages
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!