IBM Systems Technical University
Have you thought about the future of your career? Technology is changing the way we work and affecting future career choices. In the era of digital transformation, IT pros must adjust to a rapidly shifting technology and business landscape. Learn to leverage disruptive technology trends like cloud and cognitive at the IBM Systems Technical University (TechU) in Atlanta. Join us for the most comprehensive technical training event on IBM Systems, products and solutions.
You'll learn how to plan, architect, install, configure, migrate, operate and tune your IBM infrastructure for today and tomorrow. Train to stay ahead with IBM Systems TechU.
Get the opportunity to:
- Sharpen your expertise with hundreds of sessions led by IBM Distinguished Engineers and product experts…the A-team of the IBM Systems community
- Experience the latest technology via demos geared to all skill levels
- Test-drive new products from IBM and IBM Business Partners in the Solution Center
- Expand your professional network when you connect with product developers and industry leaders
- Learn from your peers via networking sessions and discussions on real-world IT challenges and successes
The agenda will include more than 700 information-packed technical sessions delivered by top IBM developers and experts.
Ensure you don't get left behind by gaining new skills to harness the power of IBM Systems technologies. Whether you are a service provider or IT manager - you need to become agile and responsive.
What's new at TechU!
Power AIX for Rookies
Send your new system admins to this face-to-face learning offering.
z/OS Fast Start for Rookies
Send your early career IBM Z programmers and engineers for this hands-on training.
DevOps Fast Start for IBM Z and LinuxONE
For intermediate application developers, software programmers and database administrators to understand the new DevOps methodology.
LinuxONE Fast Start for Linux Experts
Linux Administrators already familiar with Linux can learn how to transfer these skills over to the LinuxONE environment.
Storage Fast Start for Rookies
Send your new system admins to this face-to-face learning offering.
What’s new at TechU for IBM Power?
Receive the latest news, updates and topics in Atlanta.
AI/Cognitive Systems Track
Take a deep dive into AI on IBM Power Systems
Storage Certification Boot Camps
Get a deep dive to prepare for certification exams on IBM Storage hardware and Spectrum Software products.
Who should attend:
This conference is intended for IBM clients, IBM Business Partners and IBM employees:
- Systems Programmers
- Network Administrators
- IBM Business Partners
- Other IT Professionals
- Application Developers and Testers
- IT Managers and Directors
- Business and IT Consultants
- IT Analysts
- New users of z/OS, z/VM, Power, AIX, IBM i, and Linux
IBM TechU features skill-building sessions that are in demand and appeal to attendees who share a technical vision and curiosity. IBM TechU offers technical breakout sessions, roundtables, demos, hands-on labs, certifications, and more.
IBM Power Systems
- IBM AIX®, IBM i and Linux on Power
- Power Virtualization and IBM Cloud™ Solutions with IBM PowerVM®, IBM PowerVC, IBM Cloud Private, OpenStack, Nutanix
- SAP HANA and Modern Data Platform, Oracle, Open Source Database Solutions
- Cognitive: HPC, IBM PowerAI, Data Analytics, Hortonworks
- Security with IBM PowerSC™
- High Availability with IBM PowerHA®
- Deep Dive Performance and Tuning
IBM Z and LinuxONE
- IBM z14™ and IBM LinuxONE™ Servers
- IBM z/OS®
- IBM Db2®, Oracle, IBM CICS®, IBM WebSphere®, and IBM IMS
- IBM z/VM®, CMS and Virtualization
- Linux on IBM Z®
- Performance Monitoring and Capacity Planning
- Spark, Hadoop and Machine Learning
- DevOps and Application Development
- Hybrid Cloud, Docker and Kubernetes
- Pervasive Encryption and Data Protection
- Open source applications
IBM Storage and SDI
- IBM FlashSystem®
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Software-Defined Storage
- Security and Encryption
- Server and Storage Hardware
- Data Protection Archive and Backup
- Object Storage
You won't get lost in the crowd at TechU. Experience hands-on training in one hotel with easy access to the speakers, industry experts and other attendees for learning and networking in a relaxed environment
Attendees should plan to arrive on Sunday, April 28th, in the morning. Registration will be open from 1:00-7:00pm on Sunday. The opening session on Monday starts at 8:30am. All sessions will be presented in English and business casual attire is appropriate for all conference sessions.
Client, Business Partner and IBMer rates:
|Government Rate*||USD 2,095|
|Standard Rate (Clients and Business Partners)||USD 2,495|
|Business Partners with: PGI Voucher Competency Voucher PartnerWorld Voucher||USD 500 USD 0 USD 1,245|
|IBM Employee Rate||USD 2,495|
Rate terms and conditions: Rate terms and conditions: Standard tuition rate for these events is USD 2,495. Discounts cannot be combined with any other programs or discounts, including IBM Business Partner discounts. Early Bird Rates end 11:59 PM Eastern time on the date determined per event.
You will be charged the conference fees less any applicable discount. Any discount will be applied when the credit card is billed. For further details contact the registration team.
Please note that we have negotiated a special rate at the hotel for conference attendees. Securing your room reservation within the IBM block entitles you to complimentary wireless access for the duration of your stay.
Hotel accommodation and event policies:
Hyatt Regency Atlanta 265 Peachtree Street NE Atlanta, GA 30303
IBM negotiated room type and rates:
Hyatt Regency Guest Room Rate USD 173.00 * per night
Please use the link below to secure a room.
Venue photos are owned by the designated property and are only representative of what you may see at the event.
Tax is not included.
Room Rates shown do not include 1% Tourism Levy (subject to change). Total room charges presented on the website will include all room fees and taxes.
Event cancellation & substitution policy:
To avoid charges, conference enrollees must cancel their registration by end of day March 4, 2019.
For cancellations received March 5 through March 25, 2019, registration fees will be fully refunded less a USD 200 administrative fee. Registration fees will not be refunded for cancellations received after March 25, 2019. Substitutions are permitted at any time; replaced attendees will not be subject to registration fee cancellation penalties.
Train during the day. Play at night!
While IBM TechU is definitely about working and learning, it’s also about networking and having fun.
*Note: In order to attend this event, you must be a registered attendee and your badge must be present at all times. A limited number of guest tickets will be available for purchase.
Thank you to all of our sponsors:
Join us at the Solution Center:
- Learn about new products and services
- Explore cutting-edge demos from IBM and top vendors
- Meet face-to-face with hundreds of potential clients and vendors
- Assess the competition and solidify your position in the marketplace
- Network with industry colleagues and build relationships with important decision-makers
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
Being a sponsor offers you:
- An opportunity to generate revenue by closing existing deals and developing new opportunities with C-level executives, directors, managers and other decision makers
- An environment for building brand awareness
- Participation in a sponsor panel and a venue for presenting to potential customers
- A booth in the vibrant Solution Center where attendees can learn more about your products and services
- Options to customize your booth space or use fully turnkey packages
Let the countdown begin! TechU kicks off April 29, 2019.
View event highlights - Connect with attendees and tech experts - Articles and more!