IBM WebSphere Commerce Server Administration Introduction for Version 7 FEP 8
This 1 hour web-based course is designed to introduce system administrators, awareness of the skills and topics that they need to administer WebSphere Commerce server. It gives an overview of the WebSphere Commerce instance and the components such as web server, WebSphere Commerce Application server, WebSphere Commerce server and the database that are supported by IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.
The skills that are developed in this course familiarizes the student with the WebSphere Commerce common architecture. It also introduces to students to the tools and the requirements to install and configure WebSphere Commerce, create and manage a WebSphere Commerce instance, and how to deploy the stores in WebSphere Commerce.
The course begins with the WebSphere Commerce editions, WebSphere Commerce architecture, and an introduction to the WebSphere Application server, WebSphere Commerce server, and database. It introduces the WebSphere Application Server administration console and the WebSphere Commerce administration console that are used to perform administrative operations, feature pack enhancements such as WebSphere Commerce search and starter store enhancements, and fixes to feature packs. Subsequent units provide an overview of the site administrator role, tasks for WebSphere Commerce administration, the WebSphere Commerce configuration and installation options, and working with the WebSphere Commerce instance. They also provide an overview of WebSphere Commerce starter stores, store archives, and how to publish stores.
This course provides an introduction to WebSphere Commerce Administration for students prior to taking other course offerings for WebSphere Commerce Administration.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course.
This intermediate course is designed for system administrators, or site administrators who want to manage WebSphere Commerce server of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 systems.
- Ideally have experience with WebSphere Commerce or previous courses, and should have the following skills:
- Basic database administration
- Basic web server administration
- Basic WebSphere Application Server administration
- Experienced with Java EE and Java
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Basic knowledge on networking and server ports
- Course Overview
- WebSphere Commerce Server Administration
- Course Wrap Up
You should be able to understand how Management Center integrates with:
- Explain WebSphere Commerce administration
- Define the components of the WebSphere Commerce framework.
- State the various WebSphere Commerce editions
- Explain the WebSphere Commerce architecture
- Describe WebSphere Commerce Application server, and WebSphere Commerce server
- Define site administrator role, and tasks in WebSphere Commerce administration
- Describe stores in WebSphere Commerce.
IBM Training Blog:
You can enroll in an instructor-led classroom at different geographic locations, instructor-led online course in any timezone or a self-paced online course.
Start date on / after:
Guaranteed to Run (GTR):
|Start Date||My Time Zone||GTR||Country||City||Duration||Delivery Type||Language||Partner||Action|
|1 Hour||Web-based Training||English||LearnQuest|
|1 Hour||Web-based Training||English||Global Knowledge|
|1 Hour||Web-based Training||English||ITMS|
|1 Hour||Web-based Training||English||TechData Inc.|
|1 Hour||Web-based Training||English||Ingram Micro|
|0.8 Hour||Web-based Training||English||Arrow ECS|