- Key in this URL: bomdetail.services.ibm.com when using either Netscape or MS Explorer.
- Select IBM A-Source.
- Select Upload an RFQ response and sign on.
Complete the following procedure:
- Step 1: Select
- Select BOM from the pull down menu and the file (ASCII format) holding the data. Go to step 2 if using a Delimited file, such as comma-delimited or tab-delimited. Skip to steps 2.1 through 3.1 if using a Fixed-Width file.
- Step 2: Format Delimited file
- Skip this step if using Fixed Length file.
- Ensure Delimited is selected in 2a and Comma or Tab is selected in 2b. Key in the row number in 2c.
- Step 2.1. Format Fixed Width file
- Skip this step if using delimited file. Ensure Fixed Width is selected in 2a. Ignore 2b. Key in the row number in 2c. Click Step 3 tab
- Step 3: Columns Delimited file
- For every column, click pull-down in Contents field and select desired column name. Click Preview tab..
- Note: Instead of pull-down, key in first few letters to use quick search ability.
- Step 3.1: Columns Fixed Width file
- For every column, click pull-down in Contents field and select desired column name. Note: Instead of pull-down, key in first few letters to use quick search ability.
- Key in each column's width, including blanks. Click Step 4 tab. Note: Use headers shown in Import Preview field.
- Step 4: Preview
- Verify fields' values. Page down to see all data. Fix any columns in error (i.e. misaligned). Note: The following verbal flow will help resolve Pricing part numbers in an RFQ BOM.
- Step 5: Import
- Use this tab to load this information into Lotus Notes database. This may take awhile so check the bottom of the screen for status. Check error messages! If everything is correct, information is now in the Lotus Notes database. If there are error messages, add or edit the components/ part numbers that are referred to in the error messages. For assistance in handling errors send a note to Anu Rao ( email@example.com.) Click View RFQ to view the imported BOM.
Complete Bid Price Breakdown Worksheet with the Non-Recurring Expenses (NRE) and Manufacturing Value Add (MVA). Note: If you are not submitting a Bid Price Breakdown Worksheet with the Non-Recurring Expense (NRE) or MVA, you can submit the BOM now.
Submit a completed BOM to IBM
- Step 1: Click View Existing BOM File.
- Step 2: Click twistie of BOM. to be processed.
- Step 3: Click text of desired BOM Package.
- Step 4: Click Submit button in the top header as shown above.
The message appears that your quote has been submitted. Close the browser.