Features and benefits
- Coexists with z/VM virtualization environments, Linux on IBM z Systems, LinuxONE, z/OS, zVSE and zTPF.
- Supports multiple type of workloads and is optimized for z Systems and LinuxONE architecture, multitenancy, and capacity on demand.
- Integrates easily into existing cloud environments and accelerate cloud deployments by seamlessly working with OpenStack.
- Uses standard virtualization management tooling through OpenStack interfaces to increase operational efficiencies.
- Enables higher-level virtualization functions so that critical workloads receive resources and priority based on goals you establish.
- Allows business applications to remain active while the workload is relocated for either load balancing or scheduled downtime.
- Supports new analytic workloads with Single Instruction Multiple Data (SIMD) for competitive advantage.
- Delivers higher compute capacity with support for Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT) to meet new business requirements.
- RAS support enhanced for problem determination and high availability setup to reduce down time and quickly react to business needs.
- Secures and protects business data with Crypto exploitation that leverages hardware acceleration for cryptographic functions.
- Provides choices for flexibility based upon protocol environments.
- Unattended installation of the KVM hypervisor simplifies administration.
- Support for Canonical Ubuntu Linux distribution in addition to SUSE for KVM on IBM z Systems and IBM LinuxONE.
- Boot Guest from Virtual CD/DVD simplifies the installation of guest operating system.
- Guest CPU Hotplug dynamically add virtual CPUs (vCPUs) to a running guest.
- IBM License Metric Tool Support (ILMT) enablement, which is a no-charge utility, that helps clients process value units licensing requirements.
- Web Browser Based Installer is a new tool that simplifies the installation of the KVM hypervisor.
- Text based installer enhancements broaden support for additional installation protocols enables dynamically adding DASD, and enhanced security by supporting encrypted page volumes.
- Installer Enhancements broaden support for additional installation protocols enables dynamically adding DASD, and enhanced security by supporting encrypted page volumes.
- User Interface for Guest Management virtual machine manager (virt-manger) provides users of x86 KVM the same tool to configure and manage virtual servers.
- Support for Pacemaker and Corosynch ensures high availability of critical resources.
- Kimchi Support provides a user management and system module management that provides an easy on-ramp for those who would like to start using KVM but are concerned they don’t have the experience.
Call us at 1-866-261-30231-866-261-3023 | Priority code: IBM Z