Solution Edition for Application Development is a new offering from IBM to make mainframe development of new applications competitive, simple and accessible to application developers.
This System z Solution Edition for Application Development provides a modern and affordable developer solution to enable a mainframe image on every developer desktop lowering the barrier of entry for new workload development. The offering provides customers deploying new applications on System z with an ideal development environment to extend the use of existing applications and develop new capabilities for application and enterprise modernization. It is competitively priced with distributed and alternative mainframe development solutions.
The offering includes capacity for existing System z hardware (LPAR), memory, hardware maintenance and software (z/OS, z/VM, DB2 and WebSphere Application Server). A large selection of optional software products are also available and competitively priced.
- This specially priced offering includes:
- A customized package of hardware, software, and maintenance for 3 years
- WebSphere Application Server and DB2 for z/OS, Industry leading Java, Database, and XML middleware
- A wealth of additional optional IBM products and z/OS® and z/VM® from which individual developers may operate their own instance of a mainframe operating system
- Extend with Rational® Developer for z (RDz) (separately priced), to:
- Increase flexibility by revitalizing existing application portfolios
- Boost productivity and accelerate innovation with modern skills
- Maximize business agility by bridging organizational silos
- Increase system utilization by leveraging hardware capabilities
- Developers access to z/OS on their desktops
- Lowering operations costs for new workloads
- Private Cloud for Developer Resources
- Use virtualization to create virtual test enviroments to easily provision, deploy, analyze and test applications, components, and services thus
- z/OS affordable access to developers
- Competitively priced against distributed and alternative development offerings
- Integrated with Rational tools to simplify development, debugging, and analysis
See what analysts have to say
The Clipper Group: zEnterprise is Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure
Clabby Analytics: The ETL problem
Robert Frances Group: Discover the best choice for Linux clouds
Clabby Analytics: When failures and breaches are not options