Empowered virtualization management
IBM Wave for z/VM helps dramatically simplify administration and management of z/VM and virtual Linux servers, freeing staff to focus on business-critical tasks. IBM Wave integrates seamlessly with z/VM and Linux environments to help administrators view, organize and manage resources in an optimized and standardized manner.
Display and manage virtual servers and resources from a single graphical interface.
- Display and manage virtual servers and resources from a single graphical interface.
- Helps with rapid cloning and provisioning of virtual Linux servers and resources on z/VM.
- Use role-based management to control the management of IBM® z/VM® and also allow delegation of administrative responsibility.
- Dramatically reduces the learning curve to manage and control z/VM and virtual Linux servers.
- Reduces administration time and facilitates repeatable management of resources, guests, user accounts, storage, networks, and more.
- Provides a critical step to help traditional virtualization management organizations bridge gap to deploying a private cloud infrastructure. Helps identify, expose, and aggregate resources clearly, facilitating an easier transition to private cloud.
One of the following operating systems:
- z/VM V6.3
- z/VM V6.2
- z/VM V5.4
In order to operate Linux on System z as a guest of z/VM, a Linux distribution must be obtained from a Linux Distribution Partner.
Use one of the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) 11