Sysplex Calculator: How to Run the Tool
Create a Dataset On the Host
Go to ISPF 3.2 to allocate a new 80 byte fixed dataset called HLQ.CALC.JCL
- Record Format = FB for Fixed Block
- Record Length = 80
- Directory Blocks = 0
- Block Size = 0 (system determined block size)
Upload to the Host From Your PC
- Download the Sysplex Calculator
- Begin FTP Session - command is "ftp"
- Change FTP mode to binary - command is "bin"
- Put the PLEXCALC.BIN file onto the host, overwriting the new MVS file called CALC.JCL - command is "put PLEXCALC.BIN CALC.JCL"
Back on the Host, Customize the Job
- customize the jobcard to fit your environment
//PLEXCALC JOB (,),MSGLEVEL=1,MSGCLASS=O,NOTIFY=NAME
- verify parameters, see comments in job (TXT, 4KB) for more details
//EXTR EXEC PGM=LOADER,PARM='/,,,CUSTOMERNAME'
- change SMF DD to point to your SMF dataset
//SMF DD DISP=SHR,DSN=HLQ.SMF.DATA
- change the output dataset name to fit your environment
NOTE: since the LRECL for this dataset is unusual, you might be better off sending the output to a new dataset
//OUTPUT DD DISP=(,CATLG),DSN=HLQ.PLEXCALC.CSV,UNIT=SYSDA,