Basic Step-by-Step Instructions
Create a Dataset On the Host
Go to ISPF 3.2 to allocate a new 80 byte fixed dataset called HLQ.TOOL.JCL
- Record Format = FB for Fixed Block
- Record Length = 80
- Directory Blocks = 0
- Block Size = 0 (system determined block size)
Upload to the Host From Your PC
- Download the tool from this web site
- Begin FTP Session - command is "ftp"
- Change FTP mode to binary - command is "bin"
- Put the SCRT89RU.BIN file onto the host, overwriting the new MVS file called TOOL.JCL - command is "put SCRT89RU.BIN TOOL.JCL"
Back on the Host, Customize the Job
- Customize the jobcard to fit your environment
//SCRT89RU JOB (????,????),MSGCLASS=O,NOTIFY=HLQ
- Change the SMFUSSFS DD to point to your data in the z/OS UNIX file system.
//SMFUSSFS DD PATH='/u/hlq/scrt/may06.scr'
- Change the output dataset name to fit your environment on both steps. The names should match.
//DD1 DD DSN=HLQ.SCRT89RU.SMF,UNIT=SYSDA,
//SMFVB DD DISP=(,CATLG),DSN=HLQ.SCRT89RU.SMF,