Basic Step-by-Step Instructions
Create a Dataset On the Host
Go to ISPF 3.2 to allocate a new 80 byte fixed dataset called HLQ.TOOL.JCL
- Record Format = FB for Fixed Block
- Record Length = 80
- Directory Blocks = 0
- Block Size = 0 (system determined block size)
Upload to the Host From Your PC
- Download the tool from this web site
- Begin FTP Session - command is "ftp <hostname>"
- Change FTP mode to binary - command is "bin"
- Put the SCPTOOL.BIN file onto the host, overwriting the new MVS file called TOOL.JCL - command is "put SCPTOOL.BIN TOOL.JCL"
Back on the Host, Customize the Job
- customize the jobcard to fit your environment
//SCPTOOL JOB (,),MSGLEVEL=1,MSGCLASS=O,NOTIFY=NAME
- verify parameters, see comments in job for more details
//EXTR EXEC PGM=LOADER,PARM='/,,CUSTOMERNAME'
- change SMF DD to point to your SMF dataset
//SMF DD DISP=SHR,DSN=HLQ.SMF.DATA
- change the output dataset name to fit your environment
NOTE: since the LRECL for this dataset is unusual, you might be better off sending the output to a new dataset
//OUTPUT DD DISP=(,CATLG),DSN=HLQ.TOOL.OUTPUT,UNIT=SYSDA, //