|April 25, 2014
||Changes with modification level LE/VSE 1.4.9 in z/VSE 5.2:
- Run-Unit Work Area (RUWA) Trace Control for CICS LE-Enabled Programs. A new transaction is supplied with LE/VSE 1.4.9 (called "CRUT") which can be used to activate, query and deactivate the run-unit work-area (RUWA) tracing function. This capability provides information on a LE/VSE CICS program's run-unit storage requirements. Specifically it includes both application and run-time storage amounts needed to successfully execute the program.
- Enhanced "CEMT I PROG" CICS command capability to show language "Pli" for a fetched PL/1 subroutine. The first load or fetch of a target PL/1 subroutine will now allow LE/VSE to provide CICS with the necessary information (customer requirement).
- Better performance for iconv() open functionality when using UCS-2 table converters (customer requirement).
- A new Attention Routine command (S CEE,REFRESH) was made available to allow for instant update of LE/VSE status information (e.g. in case PTFs have been applied).
- Batch storage requirements for ALL31(ON) environments have been further reduced with LE/VSE 1.4.9.
- The NEWC transaction available since LE/VSE 1.4.2 is now capable of reloading LE/CICS run-time options plus refreshing CEETRACE information (in case the tooling is active).
- New C/VSE sample (CELTVIVP.Z) for CEETRACE optional install verification.
|July 26, 2012
||PM67737: Customers who have developed, maintained or rebuilt COBOL/VSE applications on z/VSE 5.1 prior to installing UK80309 should apply this APARs PTF and then re-link all z/VSE 5.1 updated COBOL/VSE applications. COBOL/VSE applications that have not been linkedited on z/VSE 5.1 are not affected and do not require any action. APAR PM69182 is available for z/VSE 4.3 COBOL/VSE users as a preventative solution.
|November 25, 2011
||Changes with modification level LE/VSE 1.4.8 in z/VSE 5.1:
- Enhanced LE/C Support for VSAM SHR(4) files available to LE/C applications.
- New Callable Service CEEPUSR to reserve programmer managed storage area in PL/I Multitasking environment (for purpose of inter-task communication).
- New COBOL sample (IGZT5INF.C) for existent CEE5INF Callable Service.
- LE/VSE C Run-Time Socket API was enhanced to support IPv6 (set of new functions).
- Significant updates to System Programmer C (SPC) Environment, including samples.
- Added trace capabilities in optional extra CEETRACE tooling (mainly: "Auto-Report Feature", "High Level Language (HLL) Statement Exit" and the "Mini Dump" option).
|November 26, 2010
||Enhancements with LE/VSE 1.4.7 in z/VSE 4.3.0:
- LE/VSE Service for International Currency
- CEEFETCH Macro Enhancements
- PL/I Multitasking
- Bad Branch Info to CEE5DMP (LE/VSE dump)
- LE/C - TCP/IP Multiplexer capability