z/VSE V5.1 is designed to:
- Provide 64-bit virtual addressing for workload growth or new applications.
- Introduce an architectural level set (ALS) that requires IBM System z9 or later.
- Exploit innovative IBM zEnterprise technology.
- Exploit enhanced IBM System Storage options.
- Offer new networking functions for more connectivity options.
- Provide Connector enhancements for high availability.
In addition to function delivered at general availability of IBM z/VSE V5.1, you get the following supplemental enhancements:
- Support for CICS Explorer.
- Fast Path to Linux on System z function (Linux Fast Path) in a logical partition (LPAR) environment.
- z/VSE database connector with support for connection pooling
- IPv6/VSE V1.1 enhancements (SSL support).
- Support innovative IBM zEnterprise EC12 technology
- Configurable Crypto Express4S
- OSA-Express4S 1000BASE-T
- Support enhanced IBM System Storage options
- IBM System Storage TS1140
- IBM System Storage TS7700 Virtualization Engine Release 3.0
- IBM System Storage DS8870
- IBM Storwize V7000 Release 6.4
- Allow 64-bit Input/Output (I/O) processing for applications
Note: z/VSE V5.1.2 is available since June 14, 2013.
Back to top