||ACF/VTAM 4.2.0 - 5686-065
IBM Advanced Communications Function/Virtual Telecommunication Access Method Version 4 for VM/ESA and VSE/ESA are on the way! These new VTAM products are the first Version 4 releases for both platforms and provide you with the following capabilities:
- APPN networking in VM/ESA and VSE/ESA environments for the first time!
- Exciting new packaging options or functional levels which offer VTAM at excellent cost to value ratios!
- A new, lower price for VTAM for VM/ESA when ordered as a feature of VTAM for VSE/ESA!
- Enhancements to SNA subarea functions.
- Seamless connection between the APPN and SNA subarea parts of your networks.
VTAM Version 4 Release 2 is the first APPN release for both VM and VSE platforms. These products incorporate the function announced previously in VTAM V4R1 and V4R2 for MVS/ESA that are applicable to VM and VSE environments. The APPN enhancements in VTAM V4R2 for VM and VSE allow current VTAM customers to extend APPN networking into their enterprise, while also supporting existing subarea networking. The many benefits of APPN can be realized in addition to existing subarea networking function. Furthermore, customers can migrate to APPN at their own pace, upgrading parts of their networks at a time.
ACF/VTAM V4.2 31-bit I/O Buffer support for z/VSE V3.1:
In the current ACF/VTAM implementation, VTAM I/O buffers use 24-Bit System Getvis storage. For some customers, this restriction creates a storage constraint. Customer requirements (e.g. WAVV200414, WAVV200311, WAVV200242, WAVV200224) have requested that IBM allows to move these I/O buffers 'above the line' (into 31-Bit System Getvis storage).
IBM's response is the VTAM 31-Bit I/O Buffer Support in z/VSE 3.1. With this new function, ACF/VTAM can move I/O buffers (IOBUF pool) and all I/O CTC packing buffers in 31-Bit System Getvis storage (VTAM startup option IOBUF31=YES). This enhancement allows z/VSE customers to grow their communication workloads.
To use this support PTF UD52873 and PTF UD53035 (AF Base) or UD52874 and UD53060(Generation Feature) must be applied to z/VSE V3.1. In addition PTF UD52964 and PTF UD53054 must be applied to ACF/VTAM V4.2.
||ACF/NCP 7.8.1 - 5648-463
IBM Advanced Communications Function/Network Control Program Version 7 Release 8 offers additional enhancements to its wide range of comprehensive solutions that maintain the quality and dependability you expect of this critical network component. This release of NCP provides new enhancements with maximum function and flexibility that increase connectivity options in the following areas:
- System Network Architecture (SNA)
- Improved flow control for 3745 peripheral channels
- Enhanced hung Transmission Group (TG) detection
- Token Ring
- Connection balancing for 3746 Model 900
- Logical line pool sharing for 3746 Model 900
- Support for a new VTAM command to trigger Non-Disruptive Route Switch (NDRS) for 3745 subarea connections
- Enhanced flow control for 3745 lines
- Frame Relay
- Boundary Access Node (BAN) connection balancing for 3746 Model 900
- User specified minimum working window for 3745 frame relay lines
- Advanced Peer-to-Peer Networking (APPN)
- Miscellaneous Enhancements
- Support for 32 ESCON stations per ESCON Channel adapter
- Facilitate minimum size remote load module
- Ignore data from undefined BSC 3270 device
ACF/NCP V7R8.1, for z/OS, OS/390 (MVS), VM, and VSE, is designed to operate on any IBM 3745 Communications Controller channel-attached to a host processor or remotely connected by an SDLC link, IBM Token Ring, X.25, Frame-Relay or ISDN through another controller to a host processor.
||ACF/SSP for VSE 4.8.1 - 5686-464
ACF/SSP Version 4 Release 8 is the required SSP for all customers who use ACF/NCP Version 7 Release 8. In addition, ACF/SSP Version 4 Release 8 supports all ACF/NCP and associated product releases that are supported by ACF/SSP Version 4 Release 7 and are still in service.
ACF/SSP V4R8's enhanced features put more choice, and more control, within your reach. This product not only supports all the new function and enhancements of ACF/NCP Version 7 Release 8, but also delivers additional enhancements for greater power and flexibility. It features:
- NDF provides New NCP Information with Extra Job Step
- SSP Loader now obtains work storage above 16 Megabyte line
- NEWDEFN made to resemble original NCP generation definition
- ACF/TAP enhancement for formatting VTAM Buffer Trace
||EP 1.14 - 5735-XXB
IBM Emulation Program (EP) Version 1 Release 14 capabilities continue to provide investment protection on the 3745 Communications Controller while maintaining the quality and dependability of this critical network component.
IBM Emulation Program has been updated to include three important changes in the following areas:
- New EP Generation Assembler Support
Starting with EP R14, important changes have been made to the NCP generation assembler support. Beginning with ACF/SSP V4R7, the Network Definition Facility (NDF) will require the co-requisite support of the High Level Assembler (HLASM) program product, 5696-234.
IBM's HLASM program product provides increased generation reliability for growing network generations in addition to service support into the Year 2000.
- Merging PEP and Stand-Alone Capabilities into One Common Release
Prior to IBM EP Version 1 Release 14, you were required to order and install two separate releases of Emulation Program when you needed to run two separate environments, Partitioned Emulation Program (PEP) (with NCP) and stand-alone (without NCP). This new release has combined these two capabilities into IBM EP R14 to offer you the convenience of a single installation.
- New EP Support for 3745 Model "A" Communication Controllers
In addition, EP R14 now provides you the flexibility to operate EP on all 3745 Model A Communication Controllers.
||X.25 NPSI 3.9 - 5688-035
The X.25 Network Control Program Packet Switching Interface (NPSI) continues to protect your investment in the 3745 Communications Controller and maintain the quality and dependability of this critical network component.
New for V3R9:
- Concurrent support for ACF/NCP V7R7
- New X.25 NPSI support for the new High Level Assembler (5696-234) requirements implemented in ACF/SSP V4R7
- New flow control mechanism for X.25 APPN inbound traffic improves management of traffic flow between host and downstream sessions
- X.25 NPSI improves session management on Permanent Virtual Circuit (PVC) LLC0 sessions by providing the downstream devices the status of the LU session between NPSI and the host application
- The LLC4 GATE Error/Information Report allows the network manager to control whether or not an invalid GATE (General Access to X.25 Transport Extension) command should take down the LU session between NPSI and the host GATE application
- Enhanced flow control for Fast Transaction Processing Interface (FTPI) GATE connections by monitoring outbound traffic congestion and disconnecting the session if appropriate