||CICS Transaction Server - 5648-054
CICS Transaction Server 1.1.1 (5648-054) is part of VSE since VSE/ESA 2.4. CICS represents the current transaction monitor for the VSE operating system.
CICS Transaction Server for VSE delivers the following benefits to the customers:
- delivers a CICS on VSE compatible to CICS on MVS/ESA 4.1 and provides affinity with CICS on z/OS and OS/390
- provides increased reliability, availability and performance
- enables application and workload growth
- provides new application functions to meet the customer's e-business need
- supports coexistence with CICS/VSE 2.3 to aid migration (see note below)
The migration path to CICS TS is via the former CICS/VSE 2.3. To assist in a smooth migration CICS/VSE 2.3 is provided as part of the CICS TS product package (see note below). I.e. CICS TS for VSE/ESA is delivered as a cost effective product package comprising the following major components under one price and with one set of terms and conditions:
- CICS TS for VSE 1.1.1
- CICS/VSE 2.3 - the coexistence release (see note below)
- CICS Report Controller - formerly a priced feature
- CICS Universal Clients V3
- REXX for CICS - development and execution of REXX programs for CICS
- CICS/DDM - access to CICS files from distributed systems
- CICS Web Support (CWS)
- 3270 Bridge
Note: z/VSE V5.1 and V4.3 no longer offer CICS/VSE V2.3 as part of the z/VSE V5.1 or V4.3 base and thus fulfills the statement of direction in the z/VSE Version 4 Release 2 (US announcement letter 207-228, dated October 9, 2007). For more details, please see this support document.
The new face of CICS Transaction Server for VSE/ESA V1.1
The CICS Explorer is the new systems management framework for CICS TS. It provides read-only capabilities to display CICS resources. The CICS Explorer consists of a CICS Explorer client and a CICS TS server extension. The CICS Explorer client can be downloaded from the CICS Explorer web page, and the CICS TS server extension is delivered as CICS TS PTF. When used with CICS TS for VSE/ESA, it requires z/VSE V5.1, or later.
The CICS Explorer user guide provides some more information on the CICS Explorer installation and use.
||More Information about CICS