Welcome to the new face for z/OS®. The IBM® z/OS Management Facility (5655-S28) is a management product for z/OS that provides support for a modern, Web-browser based console for z/OS.
Who should use the z/OS Management Facility? The z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF) is intended to enable IT personnel, such as system programmers, administrators and others, the opportunity to more easily manage a mainframe by simplifying configuration and management of a z/OS system.
The z/OS Management Facility is an intuitive platform that naturally supports common tasks systems programmers use to manage their z/OS environment. Automated tasks can help reduce the learning curve and improve productivity. In addition, embedded active user assistance (such as wizards) guides users through tasks and helps provide simplified operations.
z/OSMF provides the following system management capabilities to simplify and help standardize common management tasks:
- Incident Log: Capture, package, and send SVC dump diagnostic data to simplify problem reporting.
- Configuration Assistant for z/OS Communication Server: Configure TCP/IP policy-based networking functions.
- Workload Management: Create, edit, and activate WLM policies to offer a convenient way of adjusting policies.
- Resource Monitoring and System Status: View sysplex and Linux performance status and obtain dynamic, real time metrics.
- Software Management (previously named Software Deployment): View, inspect, and report on software instances to simplify the management of your z/OS software. You can also clone z/OS images, and deploy software more easily and consistently.
- Capacity Provisioning: Create, edit, and activate domain configurations and capacity provisioning policies, and monitor Capacity Provisioning Manager status for domains.
- ISPF: Launch ISPF functions in the z/OSMF user interface.