Do the following to obtain and install the service we are recommending:
Order a current preventive service deliverable that supports RSU. IBM recommends that you use ShopzSeries to place your service order for the z/OS platform.
- SMP/E RECEIVE the PTFs and RSU assign statements into the global zone.
- Get and receive the latest Enhanced HOLDDATA . Use the instructions on the Enhanced HOLDDATA for z/OS for instructions on getting the Enhanced HOLDDATA
- For a list of PTFs included in the service package, see one of the following:
- When you order a current preventive service deliverable, the list of PTFs will be included in the order.
- Find the PTFs included in an RSU package by selecting the RSUyymm.txt file for the RSU you're interested in. For complete information on ++ASSIGN statements and Enhanced HOLDDATA, see the Enhanced HOLDDATA for z/OS.
- For a list of PTFs that we could not include in CST testing because of unresolved PE fixes, see:
- Excluded service for sourceid RSU1606, which includes all service through the end of March 2016 and PE resolution and HIPER/Security/Integrity/Pervasive PTFs and their associated requisites and supersedes through the end of May 2016, is included in our CST Quarterly Report (PDF,112KB).
Get Adobe® Reader®
Some of these excluded PTFs have an RSU sourceid assigned to them. You must evaluate whether these PTFs should be applied in your environment. If you choose to exclude these PTFs, then your SMP/E APPLY must specify EXCLUDE for each of these PTFs.
- Run an SMP/E APPLY CHECK as follows to identify any requisite service and additional holds, such as HOLDSYS(DOC), that may need to be resolved before APPLY processing:
APPLY CHECK XZREQ
Resolve any holds and RECEIVE any requisite service identified by this APPLY CHECK before proceeding to the next step. Be sure to specify the GROUPEXTEND option to include any requisite PTFs required by the maintenance being installed.
- Run an SMP/E APPLY as follows:
Be sure to specify the GROUPEXTEND option to include any requisite PTFs required by the maintenance being installed.
- Run the following SMP/E REPORT ERRSYSMODS command to identify any missing HIPER or PE fixes:
REPORT ERRSYSMODS ZONES(tgtzone1, tgtzone2) NOPUNCH.
SMP/E checks the target zones, tgtzone1 and tgtzone2, to see if any APPLYed SYSMODs are now being held due to error. This includes PTFs that are PE and product FMIDs that are held due to missing fixes to HIPER APARs. Because NOPUNCH is specified, this command generates only the Exception SYSMOD Report.
- Analyze any missing HIPER and PE-fixing service identified in the REPORT ERRSYSMODS output to determine the likelihood of your hitting the problem based on your workloads and environment.
- Install (RECEIVE and APPLY) any missing HIPER and PRP PTFs that you've determined to be critical in your environment. Note that applying additional HIPER and PRP service will result in a service level which has not been completely CST tested.
- SMP/E ACCEPT CHECK and ACCEPT the PTFs to add them to the distribution libraries.