z/OS V1.8 customers — Time to move ahead!
We encourage you to move to z/OS V1.10 now. For a quick summary of migration actions, read the short article in Hot Topics magazine Issue 19 (PDF), or review the three Migrating to z/OS V1.10 education modules in the IBM Education Assistant.
IBM IBM Lifecycle Extension for z/OS V1.8
The IBM Lifecycle Extension for z/OS V1.8 (5638-A01) provides fee-based corrective service (a fix, bypass, or restriction to a problem) for up to two years beyond the September 30th 2009 withdrawal of service date for z/OS V1.8 (5694-A01). The Lifecycle Extension for z/OS V1.8 enables z/OS V1.8 users who have not completed their migration to z/OS V1.10 (or z/OS V1.9) to continue to receive corrective service for z/OS V1.8 up through September 30, 2011.
- Announcement Letter
- Lifecycle Extension for z/OS FAQs
- IBM System z Lifecyle Charges (SzLC) (used for pricing Lifecycle Extension for z/OS V1.8)
IBM Fee Offerings
Find out about customized software packages to install z/OS and related products and services in the Worldwide CustomPac Offerings.
Ordering z/OS and related products
You can order products and maintenance for the z/OS and OS/390 platforms on the Web. ShopzSeries provides a self-service planning and ordering capability on the Web. You can order system/product upgrades for either ServerPac or CBPDO. ShopzSeries includes the following significant functions:
- Prefilling of the checklist. ShopzSeries will analyze and prefill the order checklist when you submit your existing installed inventory to the tool.
- Full automation of processing orders that do not require license changes. Orders that include new or changed licenses will be routed to the IBM Sales Center.
- Access to software inventory reports through the Customer Analysis Tool.
- Ordering of service-only CBPDOs.
ShopzSeries support for maintenance includes ordering corrective service by PTFs or APARs and Recommended Service Upgrade (RSU) preventive service. In addition, service orders can be received on traditional media or the Internet. For an RSU order, you can upload your SMP/E CSI installed service inventory, which is used to customize your order and eliminate duplicate service.
Get status for a software order you've already placed: IBM US software order status.