The z/OSMF Capacity Provisioning task is designed to simplify the management of temporary capacity, Defined Capacity, and Group Capacity on a z/OS system. The scope of the Capacity Provisioning task is to address capacity requirements for relatively short term workload fluctuations for which On/Off Capacity on Demand or Soft-Capping adjustments are applicable. It is not a replacement for the Capacity Management process. 1
With the Capacity Provisioning task, you can perform the following functions:
- Change the activation level of an On/Off CoD record with respect to general purpose capacity, the number of IBM zEnterprise Application Assist Processors (zAAPs), and the number of IBM z Integrated Information Processors (zIIPs).
- Manage the Defined Capacity and Group Capacity through policy based automation.
- Manage connections to a Provisioning Manager and use them to transfer provisioning policies and domain configurations to the Provisioning Manager, or to query various status reports.
- Create, modify, import, export, and delete provisioning policies and domain configurations from a central shared repository. 2
- Install and activate policies and domain configurations for the domain the Provisioning Manager controls. 2