This package enables Java applications and servlets to utilize the (non-authorized) OTMA Callable Interface to communicate with IMS.
The download file is a pax file. The installation steps are:
- After downloading the pax file to your browser system, ftp the file to a directory in the HFS on OS/390, using the BINARY option.
- Unpack the files in the pax. Assume javaotma.pax is under the /tmp directory, and the unpacked files are to reside under the /u/jotma directory. Issue OE commands:
cd /u/jotma pax -rf /tmp/javaotma.pax
This will result in the creation of one file and three sub-directories under /u/jotma:
- The otmaclass.jar file contains the Java OTMA classes. This file must be named in CLASSPATH to compile or run Java OTMA applications:
- The /bin sub-directory contains the JNI DLL (libjotmaNative.so) for Java OTMA. The /bin sub-directory must be included in LIBPATH to run Java OTMA applications:
- The /doc sub-directory contains the javadoc HTML files for the Java OTMA classes.
- The /samples directory contains two java files:
- otmaXample.java is a sample application that illustrates the use of the Java OTMA classes; with some editing, it can be compiled into a working program.
- otmaHttplet.java contains the framework of a servlet program that uses Java OTMA.