This package contains services for Web applications written in REXX:
- DB2WWWX to access DB2 data via SQL,
- IMSWWWX to execute IMS transactions via APPC,
- OTMAWWWX to execute IMS transactions and commands via OTMA,
- FORMWWWX to process browser input forms.
The package is a pax file ( db2ims.pax). The installation steps are:
- After downloading the pax file to your browser system, ftp the file to a directory in the HFS on MVS, using the BINARY option.
- Unpack the files in the pax. Assume the pax file (db2ims.pax) is under /tmp/ibmuser, and the files are to be placed under /tmp/ibmuser/package. Issue OMVS commands:
cd /tmp/ibmuser/package pax -rf /tmp/ibmuser/db2ims.pax
This will result in the creation of four files under /tmp/ibmuser/package:
- Create MVS datasets from the four HFS files. Pre-allocate an MVS dataset with RECFM(FB) LRECL(80) BLKSIZE(3120). Assume the name of this dataset is 'IBMUSER.XMIT.DS'. For each of the 4 files, issue the following sequence of TSO commands:
oget '/tmp/ibmuser/package/xmit.****' 'ibmuser.xmit.ds' binary receive inds('ibmuser.xmit.ds')
At the prompt from RECEIVE, enter the target dataset name, e.g.,
The result of these commands is the creation of four partitioned datasets:
- If you intend to use DB2WWWX, you must BIND the DBRM in the SAMP dataset. The BDDB2 member in the JCL dataset must be edited and executed on the system that DB2WWWX will run on. Make sure that the BIND and GRANT commands are appropriate for your installation. Copy module DB2WWWX to an MVS dataset in the STEPLIB/LNKLST concatenation for your Web Server.
- If you intend to use IMSWWWX, copy module IMSWWWX to an MVS dataset in the STEPLIB/LNKLST concatenation for your Web Server.
- If you intend to use OTMAWWWX, copy module OTMAWWWX to an MVS dataset in the STEPLIB/LNKLST concatenation for your Web Server.
- If you intend to use FORMWWWX, copy module FORMWWWX to an MVS dataset in the STEPLIB/LNKLST concatenation for your Web Server.
- The HTML member of SAMP describes the DB2WWWX, IMSWWWX, OTMAWWWX and FORMWWWX services. To make this file accessible through a Web browser, copy it to an HFS file in your Web Server document path, as illustrated in this TSO command example:
oput 'ibmuser.db2ims.samp(html)' '/usr/lpp/internet/server_root/public/db2ims.html'
- With appropriate editing, the REXX execs in the SAMP dataset can be executed under TSO to verify the operation of the installed modules.
Although the package includes a SRC dataset (entire source code) and a JCL dataset (jobs for building modules), the installation process involves only the steps listed above, with no need for source code modifications, compilations or link-edits.