Note that some links may require a user ID and password.
Learn more about consolidating SAP infrastructure on IBM zEnterprise. Find information how IBM and SAP deliver enterprise solutions that can help you innovate, adapt and compete.
You are invited to use the “SAP on System z” group at LinkedIn (link resides outside of ibm.com) for conversations, questions, news, and feedback.
At the SAP Community Network (link resides outside of ibm.com) you can find "SAP Information Sources" and "IBM Information Sources" with summaries of related documentation and information.
The following links to PDF files require Adobe® Reader® (link resides outside of ibm.com).
Business Continuity for SAP on IBM System z, SC33-8206-05 (PDF,8.1MB). This book applies to SAP NetWeaver Releases 7.1 up to and including 7.3, based on the 7.20 Downward Compatible Kernel (7.20 DCK). The documentation covers the latest releases of the involved software components, and has special focus on details of the new *SAPSRV add-on policy which comes with System Automation for z/OS 3.4 (APAR level OA40489). This new *SAPSRV add-on policy is based on SAP's sapstartsrv framework, and also models the SAP host agent. Its usage allows for seamless integration of an SA z/OS controlled SAP Central Services instance into SAP systems management tools, like SAP's Management Console, or SAP lifecycle tools, like SAP Release Upgrade/SAP Enhancement Package Installer (SAPehpi). Previous versions of this book apply to older SAP releases which you should also use if you continue to employ the previous *SAP add-on policy.
Business Continuity for SAP on IBM System z, SC33-8206-04 (PDF,7MB). This book applies to SAP NetWeaver Releases 7.x up to and including 7.30. The recommendations in the book cover the latest releases of the involved software components - with special focus on System Automation for z/OS 3.3 and DB2 10 for z/OS and SLES11.
The IBM Business Continuity solution for SAP on System z provides the means for fully automating the management of all SAP components and related products running on z/OS, AIX®, or Linux®. The automation software monitors resources and controls the restart or takeover of failing components, thereby ensuring the SAP system’s near continuous availability.
Previous versions of this book apply to older SAP releases.
Business Continuity for SAP on IBM System z, SC33-8206-02 (PDF,6MB). This book describes an older version of the Business Continuity solution for SAP on System z. It extends and updates the information provided in High Availability for SAP on IBM System z, SC33-8206-01. In particular it applies to SAP NetWeaver 7.0, it covers SAP policies for System Automation for z/OS 3.2, introduces an end-to-end solution with Tivoli System automation Application Manager, includes DB2 9 for z/OS data sharing options and much more.
White paper Why DB2 for z/OS is better than Oracle RAC (12343003-USEN-01) can be downloaded at the link.
Some examples of what you can find there:
- IBM Enterprise System: SAP Bank Analyzer 8.0 AFI Loan Tests
- IBM System zEnterprise, System Storage, and DB2 10 for z/OS: SAP Banking Services 7.0 150 Million Accounts Measurements, WP101978
- IBM System z: SAP for Insurance Tests, WP101890
- DB2 10 for z/OS with SAP® on IBM System z® Performance Report, WP101845
- SAP NetWeaver 7.0 on System z: Installation Planning Session Customer Slides
- Software Requirements for Running SAP on System z, WP101498
- Tuning SAP on DB2 for z/OS on System z, WP100287
- SAP on System z NetWeaver 7.1 System Health Check & Infrastructure Review, TD102459
Some examples of books covering aspects of SAP on System z are:
- Running SAP Solutions with DB2 10 for z/OS on zEnterprise, SG24-7978-00
- IBM zEnterprise System Technical Guide, SG24-7833-00
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview, SG24-7892-00
- SAP on DB2 9 for z/OS: Implementing Application Servers on Linux for System z, SG24-6847-01
- Security on the IBM Mainframe, SG24-7803-00
IBM Brochures & Videos on SAP on System z
More on the IBM entry cloud configuration for SAP solutions on zEnterprise:
- Video: SAP and IBM discuss cloud solutions for banking:
- Case study: Reliability with SAP Banking applications on IBM zEnterprise (PDF, 6.06MB)
- Solution Brief IBM entry cloud configuration for SAP solutions on zEnterprise (PDF, 1.12MB)
Request your free copies of IBM brochures at http://www.ibm-sap.com/mentorsystemz
Note that some of the pages require access to SAP support pages.
The search page allows you to find a note by number, or by a keyword or other search term. For example, SAP Note 81737 (DB2/390: APAR List) is of particular interest, because it describes the required service level for running SAP with DB2 for z/OS:
The SAP Community Network offers a knowledge center and forum around SAP. Also, you can find pages for SAP on DB2 for z/OS: http://scn.sap.com/community/db2-for-z-os (link resides outside of ibm.com)
The SAP Community Network provides a number of links to SAP documentation and information. Especially you can find there summaries of related documentation and information:
- SAP Information Sources (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- IBM Information Sources (link resides outside of ibm.com)
You can find relevant technical papers, including the following documents:
- Casebook - 2012 Edition Tightly Integrated DB2 Backup, Recovery and Cloning for SAP Environments (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- SAP for Banking on System z Reference Architecture (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- SAP for Insurance on IBM System z Reference Architecture (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- SAP Business Suite on IBM System z - Reference Architecture for System Infrastructure (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- Rapid SAP NetWeaver BW ad-hoc Reporting Supported by IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- SAP on DB2 10 for z/OS - Being More Productive, Reducing Costs and Improving Performance (link resides outside of ibm.com)
- SAP and IBM Tivoli Directory Server for z /OS
Implementing High Availability for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Technology on System z (link resides outside of ibm.com)
Trademarks and service marks
IBM, the IBM logo, ibm.com, BladeCenter, DB2, GDPS, Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex, Parallel Sysplex, System p, System x, System z, Tivoli, WebSphere, CICS, IMS, z/OS, and zEnterprise are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web at “Copyright and trademark information” at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.
Trademarks of other companies:
Other company, product or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.