Note that some links may require a user ID and password.
Learn more about consolidating SAP infrastructure on IBM zEnterprise, and follow links to customer case studies and videos, as well as reports and descriptions on IBM zEnterprise SAP solutions. Find information how IBM and SAP deliver enterprise solutions that can help you innovate, adapt and compete.
You are invited to use the “SAP on System z” group at LinkedIn for conversations, questions, news, and feedback.
At the SAP Community Network you can find "SAP Information Sources" and "IBM Information Sources" with summaries of related documentation and information.
The following links to PDF files require Adobe® Reader®.
Business Continuity for SAP on IBM System z, Edition 12/2013, SC33-8206-06 (PDF, 6,7MB). This book applies to SAP NetWeaver Releases 7.1 up to and including 7.4, based on the 7.20 Downward Compatible Kernel (7.20 DCK). The documentation covers the latest releases of the involved software components, and has special focus on enhancements of the new *SAPSRV add-on policy which comes with System Automation for z/OS 3.4 (APAR level OA43145). These enhancements include support for remotely managed SAP application servers, HA wizard enhancements, as well as script and resource modifications that help reduce complexity. New topics describe enqueue replication into System z Coupling Facility, as well as the SAP high availability library (HAlib) interface for SA z/OS. The guide also covers new health state monitoring of the SAP Enqueue replication server, and a new option for DB2 connection failover. Previous versions of this book apply to older SAP releases which you should also use if you continue to employ the previous *SAP add-on policy. This edition replaces the version SC33-8206-05.
Business Continuity for SAP on IBM System z, SC33-8206-04 (PDF, 7MB). This book applies to SAP NetWeaver Releases 7.x up to and including 7.30. The recommendations in the book cover the latest releases of the involved software components - with special focus on System Automation for z/OS 3.3 and DB2 10 for z/OS and SLES11.
The IBM Business Continuity solution for SAP on System z provides the means for fully automating the management of all SAP components and related products running on z/OS, AIX®, or Linux®. The automation software monitors resources and controls the restart or takeover of failing components, thereby ensuring the SAP system’s near continuous availability.
Previous versions of this book apply to older SAP releases.
Some examples of what you can find there:
- IBM zEnterprise System®: DB2 11 for z/OS with SAP® Performance Report
- SAP Loans Management on IBM System z and DB2 for z/OS Performance and Scalability
- IBM zEnterprise System: SAP Enqueue Replication into System z Coupling Facility Performance Test Report
- IBM Enterprise System: SAP Bank Analyzer 8.0 AFI Loan Tests
- IBM zEnterprise System® and System Storage Server DS8870: SAP® Bank Analyzer 8.0 AFI Current Accounts Tests
- IBM System zEnterprise, System Storage, and DB2 10 for z/OS: SAP Banking Services 7.0 150 Million Accounts Measurements
- IBM System z: SAP for Insurance Tests
- DB2 10 for z/OS with SAP® on IBM System z® Performance Report
- SAP NetWeaver 7.3 on System z: Installation Planning Session Customer Slides
Some examples of books covering aspects of SAP on System z are:
- IBM zEnterprise EC12 Technical Guide, SG24-8049-01
- IBM zEnterprise BC12 Technical Guide, SG24-8138-00
- DB2 11 for z/OS Technical Overview, SG24-8180-00
- Running SAP Solutions with DB2 10 for z/OS on zEnterprise, SG24-7978-00
- DB2 10 for z/OS Technical Overview, SG24-7892-00
- SAP on DB2 9 for z/OS: Implementing Application Servers on Linux for System z, SG24-6847-01
- Security on the IBM Mainframe, SG24-7803-00
IBM Brochures & Videos on SAP on System z
More on the IBM entry cloud configuration for SAP solutions on zEnterprise:
- Video: SAP and IBM discuss cloud solutions for banking:
- Case study: Reliability with SAP Banking applications on IBM zEnterprise (PDF, 6.06MB)
- Solution Brief: Automate SAP System Copy and Refresh to raise productivity and quality. Reduce complexity with IBM Entry Cloud Configuration for SAP solutions on zEnterprise (PDF, 1,29MB)
Request your free copies of IBM brochures at http://www.ibm-sap.com/mentorsystemz
Note that some of the pages require access to SAP support pages.
The search page allows you to find a note by number, or by a keyword or other search term. For example, SAP Note 81737 (DB2/390: APAR List) is of particular interest, because it describes the required service level for running SAP with DB2 for z/OS:
The SAP Community Network offers a knowledge center and forum around SAP. Also, you can find pages for SAP on DB2 for z/OS: http://scn.sap.com/community/db2-for-z-os
The SAP Community Network provides a number of links to SAP documentation and information. Especially you can find there summaries of related documentation and information:
You can find relevant technical papers, including the following documents:
- DB2 11 for Mission-Critical SAP Solutions
- Casebook - 2012 Edition Tightly Integrated DB2 Backup, Recovery and Cloning for SAP Environments
- SAP for Banking on System z Reference Architecture
- SAP for Insurance on IBM System z Reference Architecture
- SAP Business Suite on IBM System z - Reference Architecture for System Infrastructure
- Rapid SAP NetWeaver BW ad-hoc Reporting Supported by IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS
- SAP on DB2 10 for z/OS - Being More Productive, Reducing Costs and Improving Performance
- SAP and IBM Tivoli Directory Server for z /OS
Implementing High Availability for SAP NetWeaver 7.1 Technology on System z
Trademarks and service marks
IBM, the IBM logo, ibm.com, BladeCenter, DB2, GDPS, Geographically Dispersed Parallel Sysplex, Parallel Sysplex, System p, System x, System z, Tivoli, WebSphere, CICS, IMS, z/OS, and zEnterprise are trademarks or registered trademarks of International Business Machines Corporation, registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the web at “Copyright and trademark information” at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.
Trademarks of other companies:
Other company, product or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.