RMF has no requirement for special hardware and will execute on any ESA capable processor.
RMF PM additional requirements
Prerequisites for the Client
- Windows® 2000 or Windows XP
- Windows: DirectDraw® 5.0 or higher
- Netscape Navigator® 4.6 or higher, Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 5.0 or higher or Mozilla Firefox® 2.0 or higher
- A graphics adapter and a display monitor with a configured resolution of at least 1024 x 768 pixels
- A workstation with a Pentium® II 300 MHz CPU (or equivalent) or higher is recommended.
- 90 MB free disk space
- 96 MB RAM or more is recommended
Prerequisites for the z/OS Sysplex
RMF PM uses a server on the z/OS sysplex to retrieve its performance data. This server is called the RMF Distributed Data Server.
Prerequisites for the z/OS host
- UNIX® System Services must be configured in "full function mode"
- TCP/IP under UNIX System Services must be configured and active
Spreadsheet Reporter additional requirements
- A workstation with at least 150 MB free disk space
Workstation Operating Systems:
Supported Spreadsheet Applications
You can use any spreadsheet program that is compatible with the Lotus .WK1 format. However, in order to use the spreadsheet macros that are shipped with the Spreadsheet Reporter, one of the following products is required:
- Microsoft Excel®
- Lotus® 1-2-3 Version 9.7 or higher
RMF is upwardly compatible to process data gathered with previous releases.