Transform your output
Every day your z/OS-based applications generate huge amounts of information, reports, and other output which must be delivered quickly, accurately, efficiently, and in a variety of formats to customers, employees, partners, and suppliers all over the globe. But a large number of output formats can be complex to manage, making it difficult to optimize your processes and environment. Don't change your z/OS output; use IBM products to transform it to gain increased flexibility and efficiency for your operations.
The IBM Infoprint® Server for z/OS (an optional, priced feature of z/OS®, 5694-A01 and 5650-ZOS) and its companion print transform products can provide a highly available, well-integrated output solution to support business communication with suppliers, partners and clients.
Infoprint Server for z/OS (an optional, priced feature of z/OS, 5694-A01 and 5650-ZOS) is the basis for a total output solution for the z/OS environment. It lets you consolidate your print workload from many servers onto a central z/OS print server and allows you to leverage the power, scale, and resilience of z/OS.
Infoprint Server for z/OS can help deliver improved efficiency, manageability, and data usability, as well as lower overall printing cost by giving you the flexibility of using high-volume, high-speed printers, local network printers, or electronic delivery, anywhere and anytime.
Infoprint Central, a no-charge component available with Infoprint Server for z/OS, is a powerful, yet easy to use Web-based print management user interface that allows help desk operators, print administrators, and users to view print jobs, queues and printers. This print management tool can help you reduce the overall cost of distributed print management by making it easier and faster to train new operators and by giving them a productivity tool to more quickly diagnose and solve print-related problems.
Infoprint Server Coaxial Printer Support (5655-N62) drives printers defined to VTAM as LU0, LU1 or LU3 to support SNA Character String (SCS) and Datastream Compatibility/Datastream Extended (DSC/DSE) print output.
IBM print transform products can help give you the flexibility to optimize your output operations by automatically transforming data streams from one format to another for print or electronic delivery.
- IBM Print Transforms from AFP for Infoprint Server products (5655-TF1, 5655-TF2, 5655-TF3) can protect your investment in AFP™ -based applications by converting their output into PCL or PostScript® for printing on desktop or shared departmental printers. You can also convert AFP output into encrypted PDF for viewing or e-mail distribution.
- IBM Infoprint Transforms to AFP (5655-N60) lets you consolidate LAN-based application output onto your reliable, cost-effective AFP printers. By converting PostScript, PDF, PCL and SAP R/3 SAPGOF formats into AFP, you can also handle new application workloads to reduce print times, improve reliability, and reduce printing cost per page by moving these applications onto your high-speed AFP production printers.
Administrators can set up the transforms to automatically transform documents before they are printed. Users can invoke batch jobs or use the z/OS UNIX command line to transform documents, which can then be saved in the converted format and later printed or sent to other users.
- Contributes to lower cost of ownership for output delivery and management
- Provides a reliable, security-rich infrastructure that can scale to meet large enterprise needs
- Enables flexible output options for electronic or printed information delivery enterprise-wide
- Helps improve productivity with simplified print operations and Web-based print management
- Leverages the value of IBM AFP™ printers and applications
- Helps protect investment in IBM VTAM® printers and applications
- Converts AFP output into encrypted PDF for secure-mail delivery
IBM trademarks are the property of IBM.
Adobe, PostScript and PostScript 3 are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Other company, product and service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.