A JES2 spool migration moves an existing JES2 spool volume (an extent or data set) to a new spool volume, or merges an existing volume with another existing spool volume.
The following resources provide information to help you migrate spool volumes:
Spool migration FAQ
Spool migration frequently asked questions [PDF-0.23 MB]
z/OS V1R13 JES2 Migrating spool volumes documentation
JES2 Infocenter [HTML]
APARs Required to Run SPOOL Migration
Review the following APARs and the prerequisit PTF list in each APAR's web page to identify service required to run SPOOL Migration
SHARE presentations on JES2 spool migration
- JES2 Product Update - SHARE, August 2011:
- Overview of JES2 function added in z/OS V1.13 [PDF-0.93MB]
- z/OS 1.13 JES2 New Functions, Features, and Migration Actions - SHARE, August 2011
- Technical details of the changes made in z/OS 1.13 JES2 [PDF - 0.73MB]
- SHARE conference (Scheduled March 15, 2012)
- JES2 SPOOL: Defining, Managing, and Updating [HTML]
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat, and the Acrobat logo are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems incorporated.