Big data, warehousing and analytics on the same platform as the transactional data
IBM Big data, warehousing and analytics solutions on System z provides a modern, cost-competitive infrastructure with an extensive, integrated set of offerings that are primed for delivering on today's business critical analytics and big data initiatives across all of your data sources.
The IBM software portfolio available for Linux on System z includes offerings for
Database management, such as:
- DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows for robust, enterprise-wide solutions, handling high-volume workloads and optimized to deliver industry-leading performance.
- Informix database, incorporating design concepts that can result in extremely high levels of performance and availability, data replication and scalability.
- DB2 Connect, connecting desktop and palm-top applications to your System z databases.
Big data, data integration, data warehousing, etc., such as:
- New InfoSphere BigInsights putting the power of Hadoop to use on System z. Turning large, complex data volumes into insights with operational efficiency, advanced analytics and exploration.
- InfoSphere Information Server, helping organizations to understand, cleanse, transform and deliver trusted information to business initiatives.
- InfoSphere Master Data Management, helping improving operational business processes, big data and analytics via trusted views from a complete, flexible and proven solution.
- InfoSphere Federation, integrating data sources into a consolidated virtual view, combining data from disparate sources such as DB2, Oracle database and SQL Server.
- InfoSphere DataStage, integrating all types of data on distributed and System z platforms.
Business intelligence and predictive analytics, such as:
- Cognos Business Intelligence, providing a scalable infrastructure that helps simplify enterprise data access for reporting, analysis, dashboards, mobile apps and more.
- Cognos TM1, helping on the entire planning cycle, from target setting and budgeting to reporting, scorecarding, analysis and forecasting.
- SPSS Modeler, allowing building predictive models and score transactional data in real time.
- SPSS Statistics, helping to understand your data, identify trends and produce accurate forecasts.
Leveraging solutions running on Linux on System z helps to make faster and better decisions.