The table below shows IBM tested and supported Linux environments. IBM remote technical support for these environments is provided when you obtain a Support Line contract. You may also find support for these environments by contracting with a third party provider.
The listed distributions are 64-bit distributions; they all include the 31-bit emulation layer to run 31-bit software products.
|Distribution||zEnterprise - BC12 and EC12||zEnterprise - z114 and z196||System z10||System z9||zSeries|
|RHEL 4 (*)||(5)|
|SLES 9 (*)||(6)|
|Indicates that the distribution (version) has been tested by IBM on the hardware platform, will run on the system, and is an IBM supported environment. Updates or service packs applied to the distribution are also supported.
(1) Recommended level: RHEL 6.3
(2) Recommended level: RHEL 5.8
(3) Recommended level: SLES 11 SP2
(4) Recommended level: SLES 10 SP4 with latest maintenance updates
(5) RHEL 4.8 only. Some functions have changed or are not available with the z196, e.g. the Dual-port OSA cards support to name one of several. Please check with your service provider regarding the end of service.
(6) SLES 9 SP4 with latest maintenance updates only. Some functions have changed or are not available with the z196, e.g. the Dual-port OSA cards support to name one of several. Please check with your service provider regarding the end of service.
|Indicates that the distribution is not supported by IBM on this server.|
|(*)||The distribution is out of service, extended support is required.|
For information about which hardware is supported by
To retrieve interoperability support information for Enterprise Storage products when used in a supported host server environment see the IBM System Storage Interoperation Center.