TotalStorage Productivity Center (TPC) for Replication is designed to provide management of the advanced copy services, including IBM FlashCopy®, Metro Mirror and Global Mirror capabilities for the IBM System Storage™ DS8000, IBM TotalStorage Enterprise Storage Server® (ESS) Model 800, IBM System Storage DS6000 and others.
The TPC for Replication Family can help simplify the management of advanced copy services by:
- Automating administration and configuration of these services with wizard-based session and copy set definitions.
- Providing simple operational control of copy services tasks, including starting, suspending and resuming.
- Offering tools for monitoring and managing copy sessions.
- Manage Two-site replication management with advanced copy session including failover and failback.
- Manage Metro Mirror and Global Mirror configurations with practice volume support.
- Manage Flash Copy sessions with improved background copy rate.
- Mark Metro Mirror and Global Copy sessions to fail if the target volume is online.
- Support Space Efficient Flash Copy and Dynamic Volume Expansion capabilities of the DS8000.
The TPC for Replication family can run in the z/OS environment as well as in the distributed server environment.
Click here for more information on TPCR, link to http://www.ibm.com/systems/storage/software/center/