A four-digit feature code is used to specify a component that is configurable in the IBM configurators, the eBusiness Configurator (eConfig) and the IBM Web-based Hardware Configurator, used in US and Canada. Options that do not have feature codes cannot be integrated by IBM into a system using these IBM configurators. To purchase options separately, refer to the option part number provided in this document.
|Part number||Withdrawal date||Form Factor (Width/Depth)||Power Modules||Power Modules
(Std/Max) (Line cord)
|Hot-Swap (Power, Bays, Blowers)||Redundancy
|8677-3XY||26 October 2006||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2000w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-3RY8||31 July 2009||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2000w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-E2Y||1 December 2006||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||1800w AC (200v - 240v)||4 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-3SY||30 June 2010||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2000w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-4SY||30 June 2010||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2320w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-3TY||-||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2000w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|8677-4TY||-||Rack (7U) 19in x 28in||2320w AC (200v - 240v)||2 / 4||P, B, B||S-Blowers, S-Power|
|Part number||Withdrawal date||Management Module (Std/Max)||I/O Module Bays (Total/Avail)||Optical Drive||Diskette Drive||Blade Bays (Total/Avail)|
|8677-3XY||26 October 2006||1 / 2||4 / 4||DVD-ROM (8x-SLIM)||USB Floppy||14 / 146|
|8677-3RY8||31 July 2009||1 / 2||4 / 4||DVD-ROM (8x-SLIM)||USB Floppy||14 / 14|
|8677-E2Y||1 December 2006||1 / 2||4 / 4||DVD-ROM (8x-SLIM)||USB Floppy||14 / 14|
|8677-3SY||30 June 2010||1 / 2||4 / 4||UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner (Rambo)||-||14 / 14|
|8677-4SY||30 June 2010||1 / 2||4 / 4||UltraSlim Enhanced SATA Multi-Burner (Rambo)||-||14 / 14|
|8677-3TY||-||1 / 2||4 / 4||N/A||-||14 / 14|
|8677-4TY||-||1 / 2||4 / 4||N/A||-||14 / 14|
- Model number is a worldwide general available variant (GAV) model number which is not orderable as listed and needs to be modified by country. The U.S. GAV model numbers use the following nomenclature: xxU. For example, the U.S. orderable part number for 8677-3XY is 8677-3XU. See the product specific Official IBM announcement letter for other country-specific GAV model numbers
- Withdrawal dates are provided for U.S. and Canada only. Business Partner Inventory may be available
- Housed in a 19in rack-mountable E
- LC abbreviation indicates that the US models ship standard with a line cord. Models without line cords will be indicated with a hyphen.
- The management modules for BladeCenter include KVM components.
- Only the read function is supported on DVD-ROM drives.
- Supports up to 14 single-wide blade servers. Additional power supplies are required to maintain full redundancy beyond six blade servers.
- Utilizes Advanced Management Module technology
- BladeCenter E can provide increased density per rack over standalone 1U servers by housing multiple blades in less rack space. BladeCenter solutions increase usability and reduce complexity by providing common sourcing for blade servers, cabling, cabling connections, I/O options, power modules, system management requirements (optional adapters and external cabling), external Fibre Channel storage switching and connectivity, and network management and expansion
|Blade Server||Models Supported|
|HS12 (8028)||All Models|
|HS22 (7870)||B5Y,C7Y,C8Y,D4Y,F2Y,F3Y,91Y are not supported|
|7871||B5Y,C7Y,C8Y,D4Y,F2Y,F3Y,91Y are not supported|
|HC10 (7996)||All Models|
|HS12 (8014)||All Models|
|HS21 (8853)||Dual Core - All Quad Core1 - C1Y, C2Y, A1Y, A2Y, J1Y, J2Y, EQY, ERY, AMY, EHY, G1Y, G2Y, G3Y, G4Y, G5Y, G6Y|
|HS21 XM (7995)||All Models|
|HS23 (7875)||7875-A1Y, 7875-A2Y,7875-F1Y|
|HS23E (8038)||All Models|
|LS22 (7901)||HE processors only|
|LS42 (7902)||HE processors only|
|QS22 (0793)||All Models|
|QS21 (0792)||Not Supported|
- When fully configuring a BC-E (8677) chassis with the maximum possible HS21 XM blade server configuration (fourteen HS21 XM blade servers, each with two 80W processors, eight 4GB memory DIMMs, one SAS HDD, one USB-based flash drive, one I/O card and one cKVM card), there could be periods of time that Power Domain 2 exceeds the 13.5amp rating guidance (Power Domain 1 will not exceed the rating guidance). While this is not violating any safety rules, we recommend that your clients review the electrical infrastructure and power distribution of their installations to account for a peak of 14.4A.
- It may be necessary to upgrade to the latest firmware to support the HS22 on Blade Chassis E.
- There are multiple processor options available on the HS-22 (7870). Processor wattage determines how the HS-22 may be configured on the BC-E (8677). Please refer to the HS-22 section for more information.
- Two different processor wattage options are offered in the LS21 and LS41: a 95W version and a High Efficiency 68W version. Versions of the LS21/41 that use the 95W processors are designed for use in the BladeCenter H chassis. Due to increased power and thermal needs, these 95W versions will run at 'n-2' processor speed in the BladeCenter and BladeCenter T chassis. In most cases this represents a speed reduction of 400 MHz. The versions of the LS21 and LS41 that use the High Efficiency 68W processors will run at full speed in all chassis.
Click image to enlarge