Withdrawn Product Disclaimer:
As a convenience, IBM provides this data regarding products no longer for sale. Some of the data contained here in may be out of date or contain inaccuracies.
Updates to this data will not be provided.
A four-digit feature code is used to specify a component that is configurable in the IBM configurators, the eBusiness Configurator (eConfig) and the IBM Web-based Hardware Configurator, used in US and Canada. Options that do not have feature codes cannot be integrated by IBM into a system using these IBM configurators. To purchase options separately, refer to the option part number provided in this document.
|Part number||Withdrawal date||CPU/FSB speed (GHz/MHz) -cache||Number of processors (std/max)||Memory (std/max)||System Mgmt Processor||Integrated Ethernet|
|7872-42Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7520 4C (1.86GHz 18MB) Cache 95w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-61Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7530 6C (1.86GHz 12MB) Cache 105w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-64Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-65Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-82Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor L7555 8C (1.86GHz 24MB) Cache 95w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-E6Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||2/2||16GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-63Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E6540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||2/2||4GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-68Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E6540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||2/2||40GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-6DY||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E6540 6C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 105w||2/2||4GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-83Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor X6550 8C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 130w||2/2||4GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-84Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor X7560 8C (2.26GHz 24MB) Cache 130w||2/2||4GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-86Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor X7560 8C (2.26GHz 24MB) Cache 130w||1/2||2GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-E8Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor X6550 8C (2.00GHz 18MB) Cache 130w||2/2||28GB / 40GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|7872-66Y||31 December 2011||Intel Xeon Processor E7540 6C 2.00GHz 18MB Cache 105w||2/2||8GB / 16GB||Y||Dual Gb|
|Part number||Withdrawal date||Storage controller||Internal HDD interface||Internal HDD storage (std/max)||HDD Bays (Std/Max)||Expansion Slots (Std/Max)|
|7872-42Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-61Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-64Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-65Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-82Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-E6Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-63Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-68Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-6DY||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-83Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-84Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-86Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-E8Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
|7872-66Y||31 December 2011||N/A||N/A||0GB/400GB||0/2||0/3|
- Model numbers provided are worldwide generally available variant (GAV) model numbers which are not orderable as listed and need to be modified by country. The U.S. GAV model numbers use the following nomenclature: xxU. For example, the U.S. orderable part number for 7872-E6Y is 7872-E6U. See the product-specific Official IBM announcement letter for other country-specific GAV model numbers. GAV to MTM mapping for AP Geographies follow the same pattern. Substitute the last character with a country-specific designator.
- Withdrawal dates are provided for U.S. and Canada only. Business Partner Inventory may be available.
- SSD Expansion Card for IBM BladeCenter HX5 (PN 46M6908) is required for solid state drive support. A single card can support up to 2 solid state drives
- IBM HX5 2-node scalability kit (PN 46M6975) is required for a double-wide 4-socket HX5 configuration
- IBM HX5 1-node Speed Burst card (PN 59Y5889) is recommended for single-wide 2-socket HX5 configuration
- The 130 W models of HX5 are limited to the following chassis models: -BCH(8852) Models 4Tx -BCH (8852) Models 4Sx with enhanced cooling upgrade option (68Y6650) and 2900 W power supply,up to 10 HX5 blades per chassis. -BCH(#8852) Models 4Sx with enhanced cooling upgrade option (68Y6650) and 2980 W power supply upgrade option (68Y6601), up to 12 HX5 blades per chassis