- Supports the latest generation and highest capacity LTO® media cartridges with a capacity of up to 6.25 TB to help control massive storage growth and demanding costs associated with backup and archiving.
- Provides data transfer rates of up to 400 MBps1 to help shorten the time required to backup and restore.
- Utilizes AES 256 data encryption2 in the drive with no impact to drive performance to help prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data.
- Adaptive data compression, DSM and 1 GB buffer improves drive performance and storage capacity.
Today’s enormous growth in data is being fueled by business continuity requirements, regulatory compliance, and information lifecycle management initiatives. Whether your business uses high-performance blade, rack-mount, or tower System x® systems, archiving and retrieving data in a fast, dependable and consistent manner is mission critical to your business. The Half High LTO Gen 6 SAS Tape Drive is the sixth generation and highest capacity Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium tape drive introduced to address the storage challenges faced by today’s IT organizations.
- Improve performance with 6 Gbps SAS interface providing data transfer rates of up to 400 MBps
- Contain dynamic storage growth and costs with 3.0 TB cartridge capacity
- Prevent unauthorized access to sensitive data with no impact to drive performance with AES 256 data hardware encryption
- Reduce power consumption over previous generations for increasingly energy efficient “green” storage
- Protect LTO investment with backward compatible with LTO 5 and LTO 4 media
- Improve reliability with advanced tape threading features, redesigned electronics, and error correction functions to enhance drive robustness and reliability.
- Enhance usability with media partitioning and Long Term File System technology
- WORM support
- Up to 400 MBps data transfer rate*
- Up to 2.5 TB native/6.25 TB with compression cartridge capacity
- 1 GB buffer
- 6 Gbps SAS interface
- 16-channel head design
- Media-partitioning support
- AES 256 Encryption
- Write once read many (WORM) support
- Internal 5.25 in. and external half-height offerings
1 Based on 2:1 compression.
2 Encrypted files cannot be written to prior-generation media.
* Assuming 2:1 compressible data