- MAX5 for IBM System x® delivers exclusive memory expansion capability for the IBM System x3850 X5 and x3690 X5
- Increase memory capacity and bandwidth for greater throughput, faster transaction processing, and larger virtual environments
- Use MAX5 for System x to improve performance and efficiency while containing data center sprawl
Today’s data center managers are challenged with improving performance and efficiency without expanding budgets or footprints. This includes deploying more virtual machines as virtualization becomes the rule, rather than the exception, as well as increased transaction processing performance from database applications. Virtualization demands maximum memory to run the most-efficient virtual environments, and database and transaction processing applications need maximum memory capacity and bandwidth. Customers need to deliver increased performance for their applications.
IBM eX5 systems offer the ability to expand memory capacity as needed, beyond industry-standard constraints. MAX5 for System x will improve performance and efficiency without the need to purchase additional underutilized servers.
- Expand memory capacity of x3850 X5 and x3690 X5 systems by up to 1 TB
- Built on the latest IBM X-Architecture® with fifth-generation eX5 chipset design enhancements
- Easy upgrade path and pay-as-you-grow expansion offer greater investment protection
- Greater performance with higher utilization, throughput and bandwidth for virtualization and enterprise applications
- Available in 1U rack-optimized form factor
- MAX5 for System x V1: 1.5 V DIMM, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB DIMM support
- MAX5 for System x V2: 1.35 V 1.5 V DIMM, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB, 32 GB DIMM support
- 32 DIMM slots, 8 memory buffers
- Redundant power