- Offers flexible scalability features designed to grow with your business needs
- Provides abundant storage capacity to help safeguard data
- Enables easy installation, use and management across long distances
Robust features accommodate growth
A high-performance dual-socket tower server, the IBM System x3500 M4 can deliver the scalability, reliable performance and optimized efficiency for your business critical applications. Start with the basics and upgrade as your business changes without jeopardizing existing investments. Virtualizing the PC infrastructure into one server can provide access to a powerful server with abundant storage space, while significantly reducing IT costs.
Triple the storage capacity
The x3500 M4 supports the latest Intel microarchitecture, delivering intelligent performance enhancements that adapt to your workload environment. The x3500 M4 provides triple the storage capacity of the x3500 M3 without the cost of external devices. A flexible design and consolidated server help optimize intensive workloads and provide greater utilization, making the x3500 M4 a great choice for small and medium businesses.
Select configurations of the x3500 M4 are part of the IBM Express Portfolio designed to meet the needs of small and midsized businesses. Easy to manage, Express models vary by country.
- Intelligent processor performance that helps you get more computing power when you need it; up to 16 cores
- Flexible outstanding storage capacity and storage choices
- Comprehensive systems management tools help increase uptime, reduce costs and improve productivity with advanced server management capabilities
- Support for SAS or SATA HDDs or solid-state drives
- Provides flexibility to use legacy PCI-X adapters while making the transition to the PCIe standard
- 5U tower with optional rack-mount capability
- Up to two Intel Xeon Processor E5-2600 product family
- Up to 1600 MHz memory speed
- Up to eight PCIe expansion slots; six PCIe slots standard, plus two additional PCIe slots when the second processor is populated. An optional PCI-X slot is available via an interposer conversion kit
- Up to 32 TB of 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA drives (HDD upgrade options required) or 32 TB of 3.5" hot-swap or simple-swap SAS/SATA HDDs
- Integrated 6 Gbps hardware RAID-0, -1, -10