- Virtualisation built into the IBM® Power Systems platform – not bolted on – ensures optimal utilisation and management of resources, security and enterprise quality of service (QoS)
- Open and extensible virtualisation management and cloud solutions provide a scalable, adaptable and resilient foundation for public and private clouds
- Optimised to handle delivery of business-critical big data and analytics cloud services with exceptional performance and economics.
As the world changes and IT plays an increasingly critical role, businesses and governments are seeking to respond more quickly to changing business demands by transforming the way IT capabilities are delivered through improved operational efficiency. Cloud computing can simplify service delivery and Improve IT economics.
IT Infrastructure deployment models can present challenges for IT organisations desiring to move to more agile methods:
- Struggling with rapid data growth, regulatory compliance, information integrity and security concerns – all while trying to control continuously rising IT costs
- Lack of agility in the face of rapid, unprecedented changes in markets, service demands and stakeholder expectations
- Static islands of computing resources which result in inefficiencies and underutilised assets.