IBM Application Ready Solutions
IBM Technical Computing provides reduced risk and faster deployment with workload-optimised IBM Application Ready Solutions for Technical Computing based on IBM reference architectures developed in partnership with leading Independent Software Vendors (ISVs).
Can you imagine setting up an application ready cluster in less than a day?
Crunch big numbers, manage complex models, and tackle intricate computing problems.
In order to reduce time to results and get products to market faster, businesses in nearly every industry are looking for ways to improve the efficiency of their technical computing environments. In the past, the key to improving efficiency was to improve application performance and workload throughput. However, you can also benefit from simplified installation, deployment, use and management of your technical computing environment.
IBM Application Ready Solutions take the guess work and complexity out of deploying, managing and using high-performance clusters, grids and clouds in industries such as automotive, aerospace, life sciences, computational chemistry and petroleum. Performance optimised for key ISV applications and backed by reference architectures, these systems help you reduce risk and improve time to value.
- IBM Application Ready Solutions for ANSYS Speeds deployment and optimises performance for the most demanding ANSYS Fluent flow modelling and ANSYS Mechanical structural and dynamics simulation environments including support for remote 3D visualisation
- IBM Application Ready Solutions for Accelrys Simplifies and accelerate mapping, variant calling and annotation for the Accelrys Enterprise Platform (AEP) NGS Collection
- IBM Application Ready Solutions for CLC bio Accelerates high-throughput sequencing and analysis of next generation sequencing data while improving the efficiency of CLC bio Genomic Server and CLC Genomics Workbench environments
- IBM Application Ready Solutions for Gaussian Delivers increased Gaussian application performance for extended studies of large, complex molecules
IBM Application Ready Solutions for Schlumberger – Fine tuned for accelerating Schlumberger ECLIPSE reservoir simulations while simplifying cluster deployment and use.
Transform your research or engineering environment with easy to use, expert integrated IBM Application Ready Solutions which are designed and performance-optimised for technical computing applications.
- Complete, integrated: simplified deployment, use and management
- Application optimised: shorter time to results at lower TCO
- Advanced technology: optimal application performance and reduced I/O bottlenecks
- Extensible, scalable: reduced risk and investment protection
- Solution-level support: easy access to technical computing experts, one number to call
IBM Application Ready Solutions provides the components you need to quickly and easily deploy, run, and manage an optmised technical computing environment for leading applications; all designed to work together to accelerate your time to value.
High performance compute, networks and storage:
- IBM Intelligent Cluster™ reduces the complexity to deploy an optimised technical computing system - pre-integrated, delivered, and fully-supported with x86-based IBM Flex System™ and IBM® System x® servers, storage, software, networking, and third-party components.
- IBM System x family of high performance x86 servers – including System x3550 M4, System x3650 M4 delivers the performance, scale, and energy-efficiency required to run your Microsoftt® Windows® or Linux®-based technical computing workloads.
- IBM Flex System™ provides pre-configured and pre-integrated systems for hybrid x86 and Power7+™ compute blades, storage, systems management, and networking components.
- IBM System Storage® DS3524 offers mid-range performance and scalability at entry-level prices, available as part of an Intelligent Cluster. IBM Smarter Storage for Technical Computing provides additional high-performance, multi-tier storage to meet your needs.
- IBM® Platform™ LSF is a powerful workload management platform for demanding, distributed HPC environments. It provides a comprehensive set of intelligent, policy-driven scheduling features that enable you to utilise all of your compute infrastructure resources and ensure optimal application performance.
- IBM® Platform™ HPC is a complete high performance computing management solution in a single product. It includes a range of out-of the-box features designed to help reduce the complexity of your HPC environment and improving your time-to-solution.
- IBM® Platform™ Symphony software delivers powerful enterprise-class management for running compute and data intensive distributed applications on a scalable, shared grid. It accelerates dozens of parallel applications, for faster results and better utilisation of all available resources.
- IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition is easy to use, yet powerful cluster management software for High Performance Computing clusters. It simplifies the entire cluster management process from the initial deployment to final production, thus significantly improve the time for cluster readiness.
- IBM General Parallel File Systems (GPFS) (US), a high-performance enterprise file management platform, can help you move beyond simply adding storage to optimising data management.