- Delivers high performance, energy efficiency and versatility to run the most demanding applications in larger data centres (DCs)
- Reduces energy bill with leadership high-efficiency power supplies that are 94 percent efficient
- Provides more than 12 percent greater performance per watt compared to the competition1
- Protects your investment by being compatible with the entire Lenovo BladeCenter family.
In today’s high-demand enterprise environment, organisations need a reliable infrastructure to run compute-intensive applications with minimal maintenance and downtime. Lenovo® BladeCenter H is a powerful platform built with the enterprise customer in mind, providing leading-edge performance, innovative architecture and a solid foundation for virtualisation.
This 9U chassis is a workhorse – it runs applications quickly and efficiently, enabling organisations to maximise their investment and succeed in a highly competitive market. The powerful BladeCenter H delivers the performance customers need to make informed decisions. BladeCenter H can help organisations run applications even more efficiently by delivering a flexible, open and connected infrastructure.
- Ultra-efficient power supplies (94 percent efficient) and cooling enhancements to support most demanding high-performance blade servers
- Leadership energy efficiency and enterprise high performance
- Open and easy management tools deliver advanced, proactive management, providing rich and broad systems management capabilities
- Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA) helps save you time and money by decreasing unplanned downtime
- Advanced cooling technology helps maintain the health of your system by keeping internal components cool
- 9U rack-optimised chassis
- Up to 14 blade server bays
- Up to four legacy, four high-speed and four bridge module bays supporting Virtual Fabric, Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE),10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), 8 Gb Fibre Channel (FC), InfiniBand and more
- Up to four 2980 W hot-swap and redundant load-balancing power supply modules
- High-availability midplane helps enable maximum uptime and investment protection for future technologies
1 Edison Group, Inc., 2010, visit www.TheEdison.com for more information.
|Dense, space-saving 9U chassis
- With 14 server bays, this enclosure allows you to pack up to 112 quad-core processors into an industry-standard rack.
- Highly integrated IT infrastructure simplifies the deployment, provisioning and management of servers as well as network and storage switch fabrics.
- Virtualisation capability allows you to ‘virtualise everything’ for a more flexible, better utilised and potentially lower-cost IT infrastructure with a common management construct.
- Innovative design reduces cables by up to 80 percent compared to rack servers, helping you save on installation time and cable costs.
- Extensive compatibility with the entire family of Lenovo BladeCenter blades, switches and ecosystem partnership offerings.
|Cool Blue technology
- Helps you plan, manage and control power and cooling in the data centre (DC) – helping to build greener infrastructures.
- The web-based System x and BladeCenter Power Configurator accurately predicts the power and cooling required for specific configurations thereby enabling realistic planning of the proper power and cooling infrastructure.
- IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager also provides the capability to cap and allocate power, as required. This capability helps maximise server usage within a restricted power envelope.
- The Rear Door Heat Exchanger can help address hot spots in the DC by managing heat at the rack level.
- Leading-edge power supply efficiency.
- BladeCenter uses power supplies that are 94 percent efficient and 80 PLUS Platinum Certified, so less energy is wasted as heat and more power is available for the chassis and servers to use than with typical power supplies.
- BladeCenter H supports a broad portfolio of low-voltage processor options, helping customers to lower their power usage without sacrificing performance.*
- Blower/fan modules in the chassis adjust to compensate for changing thermal characteristics. At the lower speeds they draw less power.
- Delivers a flexible, open, connected infrastructure to help optimise application performance.
- BladeCenter H supports a wide array of fabrics including: Virtual Fabric, FCoE, Ethernet, FC, InfiniBand and Internet small computer system interface (iSCSI).
- Virtual Fabric for ultimate combination of input/output (I/O) performance and flexibility
- Helps centralise storage, including boot capability, which can dramatically reduce the effect of a disk outage on an application.
- Wide variety of connectivity choices including the industry’s only integrated 10 GbE solution for blade servers plus 10 Gigabit iSCSI support for Linux.
|Powerful solutions management
- Provides intelligent systems management for rock-solid reliability.
- Exploits hardware capabilities by surfacing pertinent information about your blade server.
- Easy-to-use Deployment Wizard provides step-by-step installation instructions with automated deployment capabilities.
- Advanced Management Module (aMM) provides more robust hardware running Linux and supports many industry-standard, open protocols.
- BladeCenter H comes standard with one aMM; a second is available as an option for redundancy.
- Provides fault-tolerant, redundant connections from the blade servers through the midplane to modular components in the chassis.
- Flexibly designed midplane provides support for you to upgrade to new technologies as your needs change.
|Hot-swap, redundant management, switch, power supply and blower modules
- Provides a single point of control for managing the entire solution helping to maximise system reliability and availability.
- Lenovo management capabilities can help boost administrator productivity.
- Uniquely designed cooling technology helps protect critical system components to help drive maximum reliability.
- Supports a wide selection of integrated switching components from leading-edge ecosystem provider companies such as Cisco, Nortel, Brocade, QLogic and McDATA.
- Optional 10 GbE switch modules provide high-speed Ethernet communication between blade servers, management modules and external hardware.
- Supports up to four 2980 W high-efficiency power supplies with load-balancing and failover capabilities, providing additional reliability and protection.
- Each power supply includes a customer- replaceable fan pack to keep the power supplies running at peak performance.
- Easy transition for customers already deploying BladeCenter.
|High-speed switch module support
- BladeCenter H supports all the fabrics that BladeCenter customers are used to seeing, including up to four 10 GbE and 4X InfiniBand connected fabrics.
- 10 GbE and 4X InfiniBand deliver low-latency and high-throughput access all the way down to each blade.
|High-speed bridge module bays
- Bridge modules allow customers to create a high-speed fabric between BladeCenter H chassis and to virtualise that single fabric into their traditional Ethernet and fabric interconnects.
- Allows for I/O consolidation and virtualisation across multiple chassis making it even easier to scale as solution needs change.
|Remote Deployment Manager
- Simplifies and automates deployment and redeployment for efficient installation and setup of your blade servers.
- Performs deployment tasks via the network that previously required a visit to each system, saving your administrator valuable time.
- Supports all Wake on LAN and Pre-boot eXecution Environment (PXE)-enabled products.
|Light path diagnostics self-diagnosis panel
- LEDs located on the front and rear of the system provide a quick and easy guide to troubleshoot your server, to help increase system uptime.
|Predictive Failure Analysis (PFA)
- Helps save you time and money by minimising unplanned downtime.
- Helps increase uptime by allowing you to receive proactive alerts and take corrective action, in some cases hours before actual failure.
|Three-year customer replaceable unit (CRU) and onsite limited warranty
- Organisation provides reliable, dedicated and skilled assistance when you need it.
- Offers peace of mind for an extended period of time.
* Some machines are designed with a power management capability to provide customers with the maximum uptime possible for their systems. In extended thermal conditions, rather than shutdown completely, or fail, these machines automatically reduces the frequency of the processor to maintain acceptable thermal levels.