IBM Platform Computing offers a range of workload management capabilities for demanding, distributed HPC environments. With a comprehensive set of intelligent, policy-driven scheduling features, you can get the most out of your compute resources and data management infrastructure to improve application performance.
Businesses in nearly every industry are dealing with growing data volumes and a simultaneous rise in application demands. These challenges drive the need for more and more compute capacity. Even in traditional high performance computing (HPC) environments, multiple compute silos, uneven processing, design cycle problems and delayed results are common. Today, you need ways to improve IT performance, reduce infrastructure costs and expenses, and bring your products to market faster.
The IBM Platform Computing family offers a range of workload management capabilities. The IBM® Platform™ LSF® product family is a powerful workload management platform for demanding, distributed and mission-critical HPC environments. It provides a comprehensive set of intelligent, policy-driven scheduling features that enable you to talk full advantage of your compute infrastructure resources and ensure optimal application performance. A highly scalable and available architecture allows you to schedule complex workloads, and manage up to petaflop-scale resources. Download Datasheet (PDF, 688KB)
IBM Platform Symphony software can deliver faster, better quality results–even while using less infrastructure. With the flexibility to adapt when priorities change, Platform Symphony can reallocate over 1,000 compute engines per second to different workloads depending on policies and priorities you define. This translates into better application performance, better utilization and an ability to respond quickly to business-critical demands. The Advanced Edition of Platform Symphony includes an Apache Hadoop-compatible MapReduce implementation optimized for low latency, reliability and resource sharing. Download Datasheet (PDF, 724KB)
IBM Platform HPC provides easy-to-use cluster provisioning and management and includes a robust workload scheduling capability, which is based on Platform LSF. By scheduling workloads intelligently according to policy, Platform HPC improves end user productivity with minimal system administrative effort. In addition, HPC user teams can interact with intuitive application-centric interfaces and easily share computing resources and data, while reducing time between simulation iterations. Download Datasheet (PDF, 727KB)
Platform Computing workload management solutions can help you get the most out of your HPC investment by taking full advantage of all technical computing resources—from application software licenses to available network bandwidth. Platform solutions can help:
- Reduce operational and infrastructure costs by providing optimal SLA management and greater flexibility, visibility and control of job scheduling.
- Improve productivity and resource sharing by fully utilizing hardware and application resources, whether they are just down the hall or halfway around the globe.
- Leverage investments in existing resources by pooling resources and managing application workloads across highly distributed environments—from single and local departmental clusters to a globally dispersed, multi-cluster infrastructure.
Can you imagine setting up an application ready
cluster in less than a day?
IBM Platform Computing provides a comprehensive set of workload management capabilities; all designed to work together to address your needs.
- IBM® Platform™ LSF is a powerful workload management platform for demanding, distributed HPC environments. It provides a comprehensive set of intelligent, policy-driven scheduling features that enable you to utilize all of your compute infrastructure resources and ensure optimal application performance.
- IBM® Platform™ HPC is a complete high performance computing management solution in a single product. It includes a range of out-of the-box features designed to help reduce the complexity of your HPC environment and improving your time-to-solution.
- IBM® Platform™ Symphony software delivers powerful enterprise-class management for running compute and data intensive distributed applications on a scalable, shared grid. It accelerates dozens of parallel applications, for faster results and better utilization of all available resources.
Apr 09 - The Expo provides the perfect venue to share information and discuss enabling technologies that are driving biomedical research and the drug development process. Visit IBM booth 237 to learn more about computing solutions for life sciences. Boston, MA
Jun 10 - In just a few high-powered days, you can connect with IT leaders and practitioners from all industries to discover new innovations and learn industry best practices for managing storage growth, accelerate and optimize x86 server and cloud deployments, unlock insights from big data and secure critical information. Las Vegas, NV