Managing today’s complex cluster environment is a time-consuming and costly effort for many High Performance Computing (HPC) data centers. Adding to the challenge is the management of multiple clusters as data center growing in size.
IBM Platform Computing offers self provisioning of clusters and comprehensive cluster management capabilities to help you efficiently manage your cluster resources. With centralized management and simplified provisioning, you can increase utilization while accelerating time to market.
Complexity hinders competitiveness
Organizations that require increasing amounts of compute and data processing capabilities face challenges in maintaining complex, diverse HPC structures with disparate hardware and software. These companies are looking for an easy-to-use, high performance cluster management solution to efficiently deploy, manage, consolidate disparate cluster infrastructures and simplify the oversight and maintenance of running their IT environment.
IBM Platform Computing helps remove the complexity out of the cluster management.
- IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Standard Edition is easy to use, yet powerful cluster management software for High Performance Computing clusters. It simplifies the entire cluster management process from the initial deployment to final production, thus significantly improve the time for cluster readiness. The automated provisioning, maintenance, and monitoring capabilities bring productivity to the IT administrators and help improve overall system performance while optimizing the resource utilization.
- IBM Platform Cluster Manager - Advanced Edition enables self-service creation and management of flexible clusters to deliver the performance required by the high performance computing workloads in a cluster environments. Platform Cluster Manager -Advance Edition consolidates disparate cluster running various types of HPC workloads – whether be it compute intensive or data intensive or both, provides one centralized interface to simplify the infrastructure management. By optimizing the complex HPC environments, organizations can put the power of true HPC to work quickly and easily.
Platform Cluster Manager removes the complexity out of cluster management, consolidates disparate clusters onto a shared infrastructure creating an analytics and HPC cloud. This creates a more efficient and dynamic infrastructure to satisfy the most demanding HPC and analytics workloads by delivering:
- Deployment and management of multiple heterogeneous HPC clusters
- Improved productivity for IT administrators and developers
- Expanded capabilities to meet and exceed service level agreements (SLAs)
- Reduced operating expenses
- Overall competitiveness
Crunch big numbers, manage complex models, and tackle intricate computing problems.
Energy and Utilities
Support the efficient design of plant and process with Platform Cluster Manager. Read the story
Apr 09 - The Expo provides the perfect venue to share information and discuss enabling technologies that are driving biomedical research and the drug development process. Visit IBM booth 237 to learn more about computing solutions for life sciences. Boston, MA
Jun 10 - In just a few high-powered days, you can connect with IT leaders and practitioners from all industries to discover new innovations and learn industry best practices for managing storage growth, accelerate and optimize x86 server and cloud deployments, unlock insights from big data and secure critical information. Las Vegas, NV