- Increase capacity and performance
- Optimize data security
- Protect your technology investment
- Reduce operating costs
- Enjoy support for IBM® Linear Tape File System™
Organizations have more data than ever before to manage, protect and preserve for longer periods of time. They must balance between mitigating risks and reducing costs when making data management investment decisions. The IBM Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 Full High Tape Drive is designed to help organizations manage explosive data growth; sustain rapid, reliable access to data; and ensure business resilience.
Increase capacity and performance
Rapid data growth compounds the need for increased storage capacity and speed. The sixth generation of LTO Ultrium tape drives delivers 2.5 TB native capacity and 576 GB/hour (160 MBps) native data transfer rate to provide fast data backup and recovery and reduce the disruption from a major data loss or outage. The LTO Ultrium 6 Full High Tape Drive offers up to 6.25 TB of compressed data cartridge capacity for even greater efficiency and performance.
- 2.5 TB native cartridge capacity (up to 6.25 TB with 2.5:1 data compression)
- 576 GB/hour (160 MBps) native data transfer rate
- 6 Gbps SAS connectivity
- LDI, ADI over RS-422 or iADT via Ethernet library interfaces
- 1 GB buffer
- Supported by Microsoft Windows 2000; Microsoft Windows Server 2003; Sun Solaris 10; HP-UX 11.0, 11i; Linux (Red Hat Enterprise Server 4, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9; IBM AIX® Version 5.1, 5.2, 5.3; and Novell Netware)