- Features a low-profile design that can be configured with up to four storage devices and mounted in a 1U space in a 19-inch rack
- Offers DAT160 and half-height LTO Ultrium 5 tape drives, DVD-RAM or RDX removable disk drives (DAT160 available with either serial attached SCSI (SAS) or USB electronic bus)
- Connects to high-performance IBM POWER7, IBM POWER6, and IBM POWER Blade systems—attach options available
- Provides the performance and capacity enhancements of DAT160 and HHLTO5 tape drives, with the additional versatility of RDX removable disk drives and DVD-RAM options
Data protection is important in the data center. If you have rack-mount servers and need a reliable enclosure for data backup options, the IBM 7216 Multimedia Storage Enclosure offers the flexibility and features you need. With high-speed serial attached SCSI (SAS) and USB interface options, as well as compatibility with a range of storage devices, the 7216 enclosure can help protect the data on critical IBM Power Systems™.
The 7216 is a rack-mounted enclosure that features two drive bays that can hold one or two tape drives, one or two RDX removable disk drives and up to four slim design DVD-RAM drives. These drives may be mixed in any combination in a single 7216 storage enclosure.
For connection of the 7216 enclosure to IBM® POWER7® systems: SAS drive features require the PCI-X DDR Dual-x4 SAS Adapter (Feature #s 5278, 5900, 5901and 5912). Up to two 7216 enclosures may be attached to this adapter. USB drive features may attach to standard USB ports on the system, or to the 4-port USB Adapter (Feature #2728). Each 7216 SAS device may be attached individually to a server host bus adapter (HBA) port, or the Quad External SAS Cable (Feature #5544) allows up to four SAS drives to attach to a single HBA port.
IBM POWER6® servers require the PCI-X DDR Dual SAS Adapter (Feature #s 5900, 5901, and 5912). IBM POWER® blade servers require the 3 GB SAS Expansion Adapter (Feature #8246) and attaches to 7216 through an IBM POWER BladeCenter®.
- Offers a low-profile storage solution with reduced cabling and multiple storage bays for environments where server space is limited
- Connects to select high-performance IBM Power Systems servers
- Features a low-profile design that can be configured with two tape or RDX drives, or up to four DVD storage devices and mounted in just one EIA (Unit) of 19-inch rack space
- Offers the DAT160 SAS or USB and HHLTO5 SAS tape drives, RDX removable USB disk drives, or DVD-RAM SAS and USB electronic bus options
- Connects to selected high performance POWER6, POWER7 systems servers and PS703/PS704 POWER BladeCenters
- Provides performance and capacity enhancements
- Half-height form factor for rack
- Capable of enclosing up to two tape drives or RDX removable disk drives, and up to four DVD drives
- Tape drives: DAT160 and half-height LTO Ultrium 5. DAT160 drive available with SAS or USB interface
- Optical drives: DVD-RAM slim drive
- RDX disk drive capacities are 160 GB or 500 GB, and 1 TB
- USB devices not supported on POWER BladeCenters